RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Review Download
the5reeds
post Feb 28 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54826

Since most of us do camping on the road smile.gif, and may not have internet access, it would sure be swell if we had the ability to download some kind of summary of campground reviews (in advance) to save on a laptop. Perhaps by state or something. I'd pay to be able to do this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
MelindaK
post Jul 28 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37143

I usually use an excel spreadsheet for my destinations. My issue has been posting reviews of the campgrounds. Last year when I traveled from Texas to Maine I found I was too busy or tired to post some reviews. Doing that long of a trip in 39 days there was not adequate time plus I really did not want to be on the computer or deal with technology while vacationing. My intentions were to post the reviews when I got home. Now I am about to leave on my next trip and realized I did not post reviews for all the campground. Is it too late to post reviews from last October?

This year I have an iPad and I am not traveling as far. I should do better.
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Aug 6 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

QUOTE(MelindaK @ Jul 28 2012, 11:53 AM) *

... there was not adequate time ...

I have the same challenge.
So, I've taken to making notes on the handouts that we get from each park/campground. Capture the price paid and what it included, then some quick notes about the pad, hook-ups, front desk folks, etc.

If we are in travel mode, I make a quick round of the amenities when I walk the trash out, and jot those down before we hit the road.

If we are resting for a couple days, I make note of what the area had to offer, as well as more details about the park.

If it is our destination, I usually have too much information. laugh.gif

When we are settled down for a while, I transcribe my chicken scratches for each park, into an e-mail to myself. Save as drafts. Then I can go back numerous time to convert my notes into a presentable review. (Don't have 'Word' on this little labtop.)

Makes it a breeze to copy/paste from my e-mail to myself, to the review section on this site. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com