RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Pilot/flying J Credit Card, Anyone got it yet?
DXSMac
post Mar 4 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

Good Sam offered a deal with Pilot and Flying J, where we are supposed to get discounts on gas. I applied for it, and got an email saying that due to overwhelming response, they weren't going to get the cards out until March. Anyone got theirs yet?

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GandJ
post Aug 9 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

We've used our Pilot/Flying J a few times now and liked the immediate 6 cent per gallon discount for GS LifeMembers.

As one of the other posters mentioned, paying the bill is a bit different. The first month we got (begged?) for a physical address to send payment using our bank's web bill pay which had to send a physical/paper check. It took a LONG time to get our payment credited. They apparently are not set up for electronic payments or payment via physical checks.

The next time we did it their way - using their web site's system to automatically pull the amount due from our bank account. It wasn't difficult, but I really am not fond of having to enter the routing and account numbers on their web site and giving access to our account in that manner.
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Aug 9 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(GandJ @ Aug 9 2012, 11:06 AM) *

As one of the other posters mentioned, paying the bill is a bit different. The first month we got (begged?) for a physical address to send payment using our bank's web bill pay which had to send a physical/paper check. It took a LONG time to get our payment credited. They apparently are not set up for electronic payments or payment via physical checks.

The next time we did it their way - using their web site's system to automatically pull the amount due from our bank account. It wasn't difficult, but I really am not fond of having to enter the routing and account numbers on their web site and giving access to our account in that manner.

Glad it's not just me that has heartburn with that process. I didn't even try to beg for an address, but I see now that if I had tried it would have caused problems. When organizations like Good Sam set these things up, they obviously don't think about these tiny little details.....

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DXSMac   Good Sam Pilot/flying J Credit Card   Mar 4 2012, 09:10 AM
nedmtnman   Good Sam offered a deal with Pilot and Flying J, ...   Mar 4 2012, 09:28 AM
John Blue   You can pick up a Flying-J card at the J (free) Fr...   Mar 4 2012, 09:49 AM
acenorm   I received an email yesterday that I was to recei...   Mar 6 2012, 11:00 AM
Texasrvers   I just called Good Sam about this and here's w...   Mar 6 2012, 02:10 PM
Dutch_12078   I think you talked to a GS rep that didn't und...   Mar 6 2012, 05:50 PM
Texasrvers   Thanks, that clears things up. The only info I ...   Mar 6 2012, 08:48 PM
FranznHilga   I got an email yesterday that mine is supposed to ...   Mar 9 2012, 06:49 PM
Michael Kibler   Good Sam offered a deal with Pilot and Flying J, ...   Apr 5 2012, 10:48 PM
DXSMac   I recieived mine and tried to use it on my last t...   Apr 6 2012, 11:09 AM
ratracer   [size=7][quote name='DXSMac' post='29202' date='Ap...   Apr 18 2012, 06:59 PM
DXSMac   I finally used mine. You get the bill by email. ...   Aug 1 2012, 08:00 AM
John Blue   We set it up so the J will pull the money from our...   Aug 1 2012, 08:49 AM
rbrumfield   We set it up so the J will pull the money from ou...   Aug 2 2012, 03:05 PM
nedmtnman   Easy answer..."As many gallons as it takes t...   Aug 3 2012, 09:20 AM
John Blue   nedmtnman, The card we are talked about is differ...   Aug 3 2012, 11:52 AM
DXSMac   nedmtnman, The card we are talked about is diffe...   Aug 3 2012, 04:30 PM
Dutch_12078   The Good Sam one is the one I have. Mine is NOT ...   Aug 3 2012, 06:15 PM
GandJ   We've used our Pilot/Flying J a few times now ...   Aug 9 2012, 01:06 PM
DXSMac   As one of the other posters mentioned, paying th...   Aug 9 2012, 03:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com