RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Swimming Pool Access, Will new access rules force campground pool closures?
joez
post Mar 14 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19489

I had breakfast this morning with a good friend who owns a couple of hotels. He was pretty upset as he just got word that the DOJ ruling on elevator lifts for pools would be effective tomorrow. Since he is afraid of being sued, he is thinking he will just have to close the pools for now. Description of regulations is here Pool access regulations.

A couple of times each year we travel with the grandkids and where we stay sometimes depends on availability of nice pools. Has anyone heard what campgrounds intend to do. Will they spend the money to comply? Close the pool? Ignore? Or maybe the rules do not apply to them. Maybe a campground owner watching this thread can answer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lindsay Richards
post Mar 20 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

I have talked to some of my old friends in the lodging business and they are in a panic. You can't buy and get delivery of these units for months. In Florida, the actual enforcement is left up to the counties and there has been a huge difference in interpretation of the rules. A good friend of mine spent $28,000 changing the angle of the sides of his concrete pool from 7 degrees to 11 degrees, which is not even noticeable. In the next county, there are many Inns who have done nothing to comply with commercial pool rules for years and get away with it. I suspect that this sort of thing will continue. Drainage and filtration is much different on commercial pools also.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Mar 20 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of sleazy lawyers licking their lips (oh, sorry, I'm being reundant, aren't I?) The lawyer in the Miami area who specializes in sending handicapped people out to restaurants and other businesses in order to find the tiniest of infractions is probably packing his Speedo right now and heading out....
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com