RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need A Hose To Dump????, Huh? Never heard of this!!
DXSMac
post Mar 20 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

I'm camp hosting right now, all sites have full hookup, except the water is turned off. To camp here right now (cuz it's still cold) you fill up your tank at the "winter faucet" at the beginning of the park. Ok. no problem.

Well, someone came in, and said that they needed water turned on in order to dump their tanks, because they can't dump without a hose. HUH? they also explained that they have (what appears to be a tank macerator, where you clean your tanks after you dump), but they said that if they just pull out the knife valves, it just trickles. They MUST use a hose and water in order to dump their tanks.

HUH? (scratching my head......) I have never heard of this! They were in a truck camper.

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RanMan
post Mar 26 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27866

I'm wondering if they had one of these Camco Swivel Stiks that you can put down the toilet to help rinse out the tanks when you dump. It connects to a water hose and has a rotating brass nozzle to sort of pressure wash inside the tank. I'm also wondering if they let as little water as possible go into the tank to increase the time between dumps. After I clean my Black tank I add several gallons of water back into it to help things flow smoothly when I pull the handle.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com