RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Private Motorhome Rental
Michael Kibler
post Apr 5 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30003

Has anyone looked into renting their RV out? If so, what has been your experience? I found a Web site - Private Motorhome Rentals and they have sent me info on renting my Motorhome through them. They do have a 20% commission, but do offer forms and rental rate suggestions as well as internet referals. It does look like a good way to go to offset ongoing monthly costs.
Does anyone have any experience and suggestions?

--------------------
mckibler@hotmail.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Alessandro
post Sep 12 2012, 02:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 27397

It's touching to read how MH owners are devoted to their RV. sad.gif I can imagine their feelings. I am Dutch and have made 4 long RV trips; the latter trip in May, June and July this year. We have always rented A-Class Winnebago 32' from RoadBear in LA and SF. This year for the first time through private motorhome rental.

We traveled in a 38' dieselpusher Countryman from 2006. We started in Newhall, CA and made a trip of 6,500 miles from Bisbee, AZ to South Dakota and crossed 11 states. We had to see the Cummins workshop close to Denver, CO as the inline filter was clogged! They told me, that this filter should have been exchanged long ago! So, this can happen to a renter, too! They repaired it and the owner payed this with the creditcard on the phone. Further we had a wonderful trip and the owner sent us later an email, that no renter had ever returned the MH so clean as we had done! rolleyes.gif
The insurance was through BlueSky, but we could have done this through MBA, too. Easy to do and the cost is between $35 and $45 per day.

If I would have been an owner, I would feel rather uncomfortable unsure.gif someone with the experience of a private car or maybe a C-Class RV renting my motorhome. I drive 45' coaches weekly in The Netherlands and that surely helps.
It is still strange that anyone with a "standard" drivers licence can drive a huge motorhome in the USA.

Having said this, we will definitely rent another dieselpusher again to explore another part of the continent, probably the east coast.
+Quote Post
Wink
post Sep 14 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26986

QUOTE(Alessandro @ Sep 12 2012, 02:33 AM) *

It's touching to read how MH owners are devoted to their RV. sad.gif I can imagine their feelings. I am Dutch and have made 4 long RV trips; the latter trip in May, June and July this year. We have always rented A-Class Winnebago 32' from RoadBear in LA and SF. This year for the first time through private motorhome rental.

We traveled in a 38' dieselpusher Countryman from 2006. We started in Newhall, CA and made a trip of 6,500 miles from Bisbee, AZ to South Dakota and crossed 11 states. We had to see the Cummins workshop close to Denver, CO as the inline filter was clogged! They told me, that this filter should have been exchanged long ago! So, this can happen to a renter, too! They repaired it and the owner payed this with the creditcard on the phone. Further we had a wonderful trip and the owner sent us later an email, that no renter had ever returned the MH so clean as we had done! rolleyes.gif

But you are one in how many that have never drove any thing that big or have never camped?I agree that some do qualify to rent a class A.I did at one time have and air plane that I rented out but you know that they had flown one before.Plus if they mess up most likly you would just call the insurance company and order a new one.
But I am like you about not having to have a license to drive a 40 foot motor home.We watched one last trip try to back in a paved spot with nothing in the way.He never got it in it and went a round the campground and came in the wrong way and pulled in and when he left it took a wife and half his inlaws to simply back out on about a 45 degree turn in the drive.I don`t think he could
back a car.Thank goodness he did not have a car or he would still be there.And he was not and old guy either and I am not stretching the truth.It was a beautiful couch.I don`t know if he had just bought it or what.But needed to get in a big parking lot and do a lot of backing.
Also how about people with 600 + HP boats and need nothing but money to operate it.

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com