RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone Else Having Issues With Equity Lifestyle Properties, Problems with Equity Lifestyle Properties RV parks
Notahappy camper
post Apr 15 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 67789

[size=7]

Anyone else having issues with any of the Equity Lifestyle Properties, Thousand Trails, Encore RV parks? My membership is at the Rondout Valley Resorts in Accord NY and has gone way down hill after Thousand trails was purchased by Equity Life Style Properties (ELS) It is so bad that many members have not paid maintenance fees because no or little maintenance is being done. I even made a complaint with the better business bureau and ELS was non responsive and ELS also has an F rating. Things have gotten so bad the members started a facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/rondoutvalleyresortsmembers.
Just wondering if its just in NY

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
peteco
post Apr 17 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 55702

They appear to be struggling, as indicated by: 1. $499 yearly membership to anyone ($249 for a tent camping membership), 2. Open to anyone to camp for a nightly fee, 3. Yearly site rentals, usually take up the best spots (and allowing people to build sheds, deck, look junky, etc), 4. CG not open as much as in previous years, 5. Maintenance not as good, 6. Raise my dues 10% every year since 2008 (Now $521), 6. Open to Passport America 1/2 price camping (though limited times)

Partly the economy, but mainly poor management in my opinion.
+Quote Post
russo
post Dec 27 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 84639

This company (ELS) has a habit of taking advantage of rv parks where the existing ownership has run into difficulty. They buy the parks at depressed prices and then increase fees, reduce the actual maintenance that is taking place and blatantly disregard contractual obligations in setting up new business models.
They have done this at the Outdoorworld campgrounds in south Jersey, sea pines and Williamsburg VA. They take the attitude to "sue me" since they have a large group of in house lawyers to delay any and all actions against them. The conditions at these parks have become horrible and they have opened the parks to night rentals instead of the memberships that were sold in the 80's.
I will be walking away from my membership instead of enduring the bad conditions. The contract I have is a "right to use" and has no termination provision, however; I have been told that I must notify them in writing that I have no intention of using the property and thus it will nullify the contract. I could sue for breach of contract but it would cost as much as I have already paid for my membership and would probably be delayed ad infinitum by their lawyers.
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Dec 27 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

Those places are like a STD. One mistake and it is with you for life.

--------------------
+Quote Post
David/Sandra
post Jan 22 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 84878

QUOTE(Notahappy camper @ Apr 15 2012, 08:23 PM) *

[size=7]

Anyone else having issues with any of the Equity Lifestyle Properties, Thousand Trails, Encore RV parks? My membership is at the Rondout Valley Resorts in Accord NY and has gone way down hill after Thousand trails was purchased by Equity Life Style Properties (ELS) It is so bad that many members have not paid maintenance fees because no or little maintenance is being done. I even made a complaint with the better business bureau and ELS was non responsive and ELS also has an F rating. Things have gotten so bad the members started a facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/rondoutvalleyresortsmembers.
Just wondering if its just in NY

Attached Image

I have been with TT for years and most of the parks are going to the area of no return.(up keep)
sad.gif The parks at one time were the best. We as owners must keep a writing campaign to the Owners and express our thoughts. Just think if the TT parks and the ELS parks were joined so that we could use as one park system, the potential is outstanding. The camping era that was is coming back and families are finding that it is a better value than motels/hotels/resorts. If ELS would renew the parks the return would be greater than they know. I love the parks and would help in the restructure if needed. ELS please start paying attention to your people that paid good money to join.

--------------------
[i]
David / Sandra
Winn. Tour MH
Toad Jeep 4D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com