RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Acadia National Park, campgrounds
travelingtwo
post Apr 15 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 67806

We are heading to Acadia in June and looking for information on nicest campgrounds to stay in... I have read many conflicting reviews of several campgrounds in the area.. does anyone know if the 3rd week in June there would be many sites available? I have been unable to reach several CG by phone, as they are not yet open for the season.. i did see a CG that is on a first come first serve basis- but i am a bit leary of traveling so far (from Ohio) and not knowing if I have a site or not... also- ocean front or not? which would be best at that time of year? concerned about blackflies also at that time- need I be? Any and all info appreciated!
smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom
post Apr 27 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1770

If you don't need full hookups, what about Blackwoods campground in Acadia? They take reservations. No hookups. I don't consider it "big rig accessible", although some people take larger 5th wheels in there. You are in the park itself, and have easy access to the shuttle bus system.

--------------------
2008 F-250 5.4L CrewCab
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor TT
+Quote Post
JimAllen
post May 12 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10684

We spent the last two summers working at Acadia NP. You will need at least two weeks to see the park. I would recommend Bar Harbor CG. It is close enough into Acadia that you will not have to worry about traffic. The shuttle stops right in front of the CG. There are no reservations, but that should not be a big problem for you. July and August are another story, very busy. If you stay far out, you will hate the traffic. There are good food stores in Bar Harbor. The fear of the black flies and mosquitoes are over rated. Don't worry about them. Enjoy your visit.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com