RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help With Rv Camp Sites! West Coast-usa, WEST COAST-USA BIG trip First timers from South africa! HELP
Fufu12
post Apr 17 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67898

Hi

So after a few post in other forums and tripadvisor we have finally planed our trip and route.

We are a young fun couple in 30s and 40s taking this big adventurous trip for the first time and we enjoy all things life throws at us at the end it is all about experiencing it!! .

PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL BE VERY HELPFULL. We are from South africa Cape town and our first travel to USA -West Coast and very excited about it!

Please give me information on RV camp grounds - nice ones with views, amenities ect.

Here are the information of our travel.

Arriving on the 7th and depart on the 29th Of July 2012. (23 Days )

Driving an RV which we rented from a private person in Ontario for the duration of the trip.

My Partner is a Proffesional Photographer and his main aim is to take amazing photos of the national parks for magazines.

TRIP PLAN

ARRIVE AT 5PM - ONTARIO
Pick up RV and do some grocery shopping
(SUGGESTION OF A PLACE TO PURCHASE FOOD FOR RV CAMPER AND IF POSSIBLE A LIST OF WHAT WE NEED TO BUY FOR OUR TRAVEL

Drive starts from Ontario

* Twentynine Palms OR Joshua Tree National Park OR Morongo National Preserve

(* PLEASE ADVICE WHICH IS MORE BETTER TO VISIT?nice scenery ect and best campsite for overnight stay)

* Bill williams river national wildlife reserve - (Parker Dam)

* Lake Havusa City

( Possible sleep over- should we book RV site? which is best to book)

* Williams ( possible visit to FLAGSTAFF)

Is Flagstaff worth visiting? Any interesting sites or things to see and do?(flagstaff?) as its just off our route

* Grand Canyon Village
which side north or south best and RV campsite to book possibly we might not stay over)

* Olijato monument Valley

( will this be worth visiting? what can be seen do done there? my partner wants to drive there although its slightly of route we would then drive back down to highway 98)

* Page

(Possible overnight stay depends on how tired we are- RV campsite and the best one?)

* The Wave

( We are aware of the Lottery for the wave but because we dont have the exact date we would arrive at the wave we have decided not to go into the lottery, i have read there are other ways of seeing the waves)

* Kanab

* Zion National Park

* St George

* Las vegas

( We will try to avoid arriving on the weekend in Las vegas, going to stay 2 nights have not booked yet) Suggest a nice hotel with view and something romantic please. Please advice of where we could park off our RV we would like to stay in a hotel for 2 nights. Will hotel parking places keep the RV (at the hotel we stay at?)

* Death Valley National park
Stay overnight - Please suggest RV grounds to stay overnight. Any interesting things to see or do?)

* Drive on the 395 highway to South Lake Tahoe ( 338 mile) which is a long drive so possible stop over for night please advice? and on RV camp grounds)

*Sacramento (Highway 50)

* San Francisco

Stay 2 nights - RV Camp grounds to park as we will stay at hotel or if there are nice camp grounds for the RV should we stay in RV?

* San Jose

Passing through

*Pacific Highway

( this is a long drive and we would probably need to stay overnight but we not sure if there are any camp grounds for RV along this route where we could also sight see or go to the beach so somewhere close to the ocean) between Monterey and Morro Bay.

* Santa Babara

Spend the day ( suggest of Rv Camp Grounds for resting purpose and then probably tour the city?)

* Los Angeles

(2 days stay - RV camp ground suggestions? we will be doing some tours in the day walking and bus tours and will take a taxi and bus or train to get to the city)

Back to Ontario to drop of RV and flight back to Cape town South Africa.

We worked out 7 nights of stay over. Some places i did mention possible stay over so We have 3 nights stay over extra should we like a place to sleep over all depends on traffic and other possilbe incidents along the trip.

We have not booked anything yet and would like to start booking RC camp sites for the trip. So all suggestions is welcome and please include a grocery list of what to buy and place in Ontario.

Its quiet difficult as we may decide to stay a day extra at a place if we like it so not sure how the booking works if we go ahead and book for our whole trip.

Your advice on this trip will be highly appreciated. I have tried to attach our map but cant seem to do that.

I have read on many forums and posted on some but this is now our complete trip we have put together and other information here is so overwhelming i have not found a trip like ours on the forum.

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR EXPERT ADVICE AND WONDERFUL FEEDBACKS

MANY THANKS!!
biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Fufu12
post Apr 21 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 67898

Oh thank you

I've been sitting and waiting for your reply biggrin.gif

Okay so we going to rather book

Day 9
Lee vining
Mono lake rv campgound arriving at 4pm possibly booked now

Day 10
Drive tioga road
Visit Yosemite site
Arrive in lake tahoe

Day 11
Still to confirm

Unfortunately we don't have enough time to stay over at oak hurst

Not sure if the drive from there to lake Tahoe is longer than the drive fron vinning

We just quickly checking 2 options

Drive 395 from lee vining to lake Tahoe

Then to San francisco

Or

Lee vinning to 108 highway
Stanislaus national forest
Stay over 1 night

Then to San Francisco

Your advise will be much appreciated
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Fufu12   Help With Rv Camp Sites! West Coast-usa   Apr 17 2012, 08:34 AM
B. Kidd   You did say July, right? :blink: 1)Cut down on ...   Apr 17 2012, 05:32 PM
JBH   I agree with the Kidd...if it were me/my family, t...   Apr 17 2012, 09:46 PM
Fufu12   hi Thank you for your feedback i do understand t...   Apr 18 2012, 02:11 AM
ACJohn   There aren't too many options for full hook-up...   Apr 18 2012, 05:10 PM
B. Kidd   [quote name='ACJohn' date='Apr 18 2012...   Apr 19 2012, 03:22 PM
rvlaji   Joshua Tree: We stayed at 29 Palms. Be sure to see...   Apr 19 2012, 11:04 AM
ACJohn   Hmmmmm......so if someone is bound and determined ...   Apr 19 2012, 06:12 PM
BuckeyeBarb   Hmmmmm......so if someone is bound and determined...   Apr 21 2012, 06:01 AM
walt66   sounds like a nice trip, Before you get started pl...   May 16 2012, 07:34 PM
Fufu12   THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO We have now decided no...   Apr 20 2012, 03:53 AM
rvlaji   ... Can you advise best route to take from Las ve...   Apr 20 2012, 06:46 PM
B. Kidd   [quote name='Fufu12' date='Apr 20 2012...   Apr 21 2012, 09:30 PM
Texasrvers   Sorry I wrote this before I found out there is an ...   Apr 20 2012, 07:13 PM
wprigge   So now that you know that it will be hot in July,...   Apr 20 2012, 07:35 PM
Texasrvers   Yes, and thanks. Someone else just pointed out th...   Apr 20 2012, 08:10 PM
Jensb   Well the national parks of the Western US are amaz...   Apr 21 2012, 03:52 AM
BuckeyeBarb   Hi-we are new to RVing but not new to the Southwes...   Apr 21 2012, 06:20 AM
Fufu12   Thank you all So overwhelmed with information an...   Apr 21 2012, 09:35 AM
Jensb   Since you have 23 days, I think it's very soon...   Apr 21 2012, 11:07 AM
Fufu12   Wow thank you Jensb I seem to have incorrectly da...   Apr 21 2012, 11:40 AM
Jensb   Yosemite 2 night stay A bit confused here should...   Apr 21 2012, 11:47 AM
Fufu12   We will be flying out front Los Angeles Spending ...   Apr 21 2012, 11:52 AM
Jensb   Day 9 Looking for shortest scenic route??? From L...   Apr 21 2012, 11:55 AM
Fufu12   Sorry for all the questions We see that there...   Apr 21 2012, 12:00 PM
Jensb   Oh no :( And if we book mammoth can we still v...   Apr 21 2012, 12:13 PM
Fufu12   Oh thank you I've been sitting and waiting fo...   Apr 21 2012, 12:56 PM
Jensb   Day 9 Lee vining Mono lake rv campgound arriving ...   Apr 21 2012, 01:49 PM
Fufu12   Thanks a mill Jensb We have just looked for Yosem...   Apr 21 2012, 04:24 PM
Jensb   Thanks a mill Jensb We have just looked for Yose...   Apr 22 2012, 01:37 AM
Fufu12   Hi Yes I will Thanks for the advice really help...   Apr 22 2012, 12:26 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com