RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Rv Camp Sites! West Coast-usa, WEST COAST-USA BIG trip First timers from South africa! HELP
walt66
post May 16 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #31

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 20435

sounds like a nice trip, Before you get started please make sure you are VERY familiar with the systems in the RV, how to put water onboard, how to dump tanks, is there a separate valve for black and gray. Where is your propane shut off. How to use the thermostat. How to set the fridge temps and to switch between modes ( gas or electric) Does the coach have air suspension ? If so how to kneel the coach and set the jacks. I only add this because one year we were at the Grand Canyon in late October. A couple from Holland parked next to us. We watched them for about 1/2 hour trying to get set up. They had rented there class C from one of the large rental companies and had no idea how to use any of the systems. I took an hour or more ( a few translation problems ) and walked them thru their unit. Then we enjoyed a nice glass of merlot in their rig. The translation problem was neither of them spoke English. The wife spoke German so I was able to tell her what was needed and she in turn explained to her husband in Dutch. biggrin.gif
Walt and Judy
fulltiming for 10 years this month.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com