Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rv Park/ Resort Safety, Security and Crime
Florida Native
post Apr 29 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

If somebody breaks into my RV looking for a gun, they will find one.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JBH
post Apr 29 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14541

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 29 2012, 11:13 AM) *

Ditto...but only if I'm there...then it would be too late... cool.gif
+Quote Post
MelBtraveln
post Aug 7 2014, 12:29 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 89857

When your travels on I-40 take you through the Texas panhandle and Amarillo, take a little "side trip" south on I-27 to the town of Canyon, TX (about 13 miles south of Amarillo) and take the exit to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. If you are there in the summer, get tickets to the outdoor musical drama, "Texas!" and kick in the extra bucks for the catered bar-b-q dinner before the show.

The Palo Duro is a beautiful canyon, and a real gem in the Texas State Parks system. It's a shock to drive across the flat plains then suddenly come to the huge gash in the earth! It pales in size when compared to the Grand Canyon (been there, too), but I love the Palo Duro for its accessibility. You can rent little cabins in the canyon bottom or for a spectacular view at sunset and sunrise, on the canyon rim (primitive, but adequate). Or you can park your rig in any of several campgrounds within the State Park. I have camped there in all seasons, hiked the trails countless times and ridden horseback through parts of the canyon you won't see from a car.

If you're traveling I-40, it would be a real shame not to take the time to pop down to spend a few days in the Palo Duro. Most people don't take the time and they miss an amazing camping experience.

Oh, and another "not-to-miss" venue in that area is the Panhandle-Plains Museum on the campus of West Texas A&M University in the town of Canyon, TX, just south of Amarillo. It's a marvelous museum and most assuredly worth the 15 minute drive south of Amarillo to see it!
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Aug 7 2014, 07:02 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

QUOTE(MelBtraveln @ Aug 7 2014, 01:29 AM) *

When your travels on I-40 take you through the Texas panhandle and Amarillo, take a little "side trip" south on I-27 to the town of Canyon, TX (about 13 miles south of Amarillo) and take the exit to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. If you are there in the summer, get tickets to the outdoor musical drama, "Texas!" and kick in the extra bucks for the catered bar-b-q dinner before the show.

The Palo Duro is a beautiful canyon, and a real gem in the Texas State Parks system. It's a shock to drive across the flat plains then suddenly come to the huge gash in the earth! It pales in size when compared to the Grand Canyon (been there, too), but I love the Palo Duro for its accessibility. You can rent little cabins in the canyon bottom or for a spectacular view at sunset and sunrise, on the canyon rim (primitive, but adequate). Or you can park your rig in any of several campgrounds within the State Park. I have camped there in all seasons, hiked the trails countless times and ridden horseback through parts of the canyon you won't see from a car.

If you're traveling I-40, it would be a real shame not to take the time to pop down to spend a few days in the Palo Duro. Most people don't take the time and they miss an amazing camping experience.

Oh, and another "not-to-miss" venue in that area is the Panhandle-Plains Museum on the campus of West Texas A&M University in the town of Canyon, TX, just south of Amarillo. It's a marvelous museum and most assuredly worth the 15 minute drive south of Amarillo to see it!

Is this posted on the right thread? I don't see anything about park safety in your comment.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
BankShot
post Aug 8 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 78954

I can't lend much here about the I-40 corridor as we've only gone as far east as Needles on that road. But like several others have stated, as long as you do some initial homework and try to plan your stops at parks that have an overall good rating and that serve your needs. etc., then you shouldn't have any problems to be concerned about. I travel "protected" also as many of us do but in our traveling times in the past I have never once even come close to having to display, much less use. that "protection". Most decent parks are safe, and during the summer months you will usually find most of them pretty much filled up, and that also offers some added safety. We have noticed some shady characters at various rest stops from time to time and one time I did have to throw a look at one guy that I believe told him I would not be an easy hit if he was thinking about that. Any of us can get into trouble at any unexpected time but by being alert and aware of the surroundings, etc. trouble usually won't find you. Don't mean to be sounding like I am preaching to the congregation here but common sense usually prevails in most situations. Happy travels, enjoy your trip across I-40 and when you pass thru Ludlow, CA be sure and stop and check out the Ludlow Cafe for breakfast or lunch if you are in the mood for a pit stop. Doesn't look like much but the food is very good................ smile.gif

Regards, BankShot
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Aug 8 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 29 2012, 10:13 AM) *

YES....the only difference is......" In mine they will find TWO ". I haven't taught my dog to handle one yet or it would be three.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com