RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Does Anyone Else Suffer From Ccs?, Is there a cure?
coacbcps
post May 4 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32047

It all started five years ago. Five years ago I was a normal mom with a normal family. Then one day I overheard two other moms talking about going camping in a popup. Having grown up in the inner city I didn’t know what a popup was and was told to visit a nearby RV dealership to see one. When I went to check it out, little did I know that I was about to be bitten by something called “a camping bug”. I was so impressed by the popup at the dealership that I brought my husband and children to see it. Needless to say they were also bitten by “the camping bug” as well (apparently those bugs love to hang out at RV dealerships and RV shows). After being bitten, my husband and I decided to buy a popup even though we have never been camping before and have been camping fools ever since!

At first, I didn’t think anything about being bitten by the camping bug but recently I’ve noticed little changes in me and my family. It always seems to start every year right after the craziness of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays were over. At the dinner table my family would reminisce about our camping trips the previous summer and being to plan for the upcoming summer. Soon afterwards I would start to have dreams about warmer weather and I would wake up thinking about camping. One night while tucking my youngest daughter in bed, she told me that she was going to dream about camping. Later on that week both my husband and older daughter also said that they were dreaming about camping. Our symptoms from being bitten by the camping bug were getting worse.

Our minivan that we use to pull the popup is 12 years old and we didn’t think that it could handle the strain of another camping summer so we decided to buy a pickup truck . . . our first one ever! I found out that when left untreated, the camping bug turns into Chronic Camping Syndrome (CCS). Early symptoms include:
• Dreaming about camping
• Planning many trips
• Thinking about purchasing a pickup truck

Apparently the purchase of a pickup truck brings on the full blown case of CCS. Symptoms include but are not limited to:
• Upgrading your RV
• Dreaming about retiring so you can camp more
• Telling your children that they are only allowed to date and later marry people who love to camp
• Dreaming about future grandkids and introducing them to camping
People with severe cases of CCS have been known to become “Full timers”.

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a pickup and now that we’re going to get a pickup we decided to upgrade from a popup to a travel trailer. We’ve also talked about getting a fifth wheel once the girls are grown, married and out of the house . . . and yes, we’ve also discussed becoming full-timers once we retire. Oh no! I think I have Chronic Camping Syndrome!!! Does anyone else suffer from CCS or is it just me and my family?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RFCN2
post May 19 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50133

CCS seems to intensify this time of year as the camping season starts. I am downright giddy. I have had CCS for most of the last 35 years. I hope I don't find a cure. Good luck with the travel trailer looking.

--------------------
Bob & Barbara
2002 Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Airdale Terrier
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com