Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do Your Research
Jerry S
post Jun 4 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10441

As we approach the heavy RVing season, I'd like to make a suggestion. After years of seeing reviews on this site that indicate that the reviewer did not check out the park or campground before staying there, the review I read today jumped to the top of the list.

It was a fairly long review for Happy Jack Lodge and RV Park in Happy Jack, AZ and gave the park a rating of 1. The first half of the review described the park and said nothing negative. Then they went on to say that the park out in the middle of nowhere and it was 20 miles from anything (stores, restuarants, etc.). They were bored because there was nothing to do in the park. How do you go to a park and not know it is 20 miles from the nearest town? I can understand people being misled by park websites and being disappointed in the facilities and amenities, but this is ludicrous.

So, please do your research. Check this site, one of the park guides like Woodalls, and/or the park website. If you still don't have the information you need, call the park. I know these sources are not perfect - how many reviews have complained about misleading websites, guide ratings that are too high, etc.? If you have specific needs (50Amp, WIFI, etc.) call to make sure these things are available. Again, how many times have complained that all the 50Amp or cable sites were taken. Just because a park listing shows these facilities/amenities, it doesn't mean ALL sites have these things.

It doesn't take that much time and effort to, hopefully, make your stay less disappointing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Jun 5 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

I read that review yesterday and could not believe the rating they gave it. The first half was full of praises for that place and then, just because it was far from anything they gave it a 1. Why did they stay more than one night if it was too far away from things? Why was it the parks fault the family got bored?

It isn't the campgrounds fault if your cell phone service doesn't work well at their campground.

There is no Walmart in town.

The campground is too is too far from the highway. The campground is too close to the highway.

The campground doesn't have cable is one complaint we get. We don't advertise cable and we cannot get cable because we are one mile outside the city limits of our town.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jerry S.   Do Your Research   Jun 4 2012, 10:08 PM
Glenn Norton   I have to agree with you Jerry, but for many peopl...   Jun 4 2012, 10:35 PM
hoefler   I agree totally!! People complain they di...   Jun 5 2012, 07:14 AM
HappiestCamper   OMG - "The dogs were tired of hiking in the w...   Jun 5 2012, 07:34 AM
Jerry S.   Happiest, Thanks for pointing out the dog comment...   Jun 5 2012, 12:05 PM
dalsgal   I read that review yesterday and could not believe...   Jun 5 2012, 12:29 PM
mikel   Thank God for this website. It's just about al...   Jul 22 2012, 11:02 AM
FosterImposters   ....then see a negative review based on proximity...   Jul 22 2012, 01:30 PM
Lindsay Richards   You are right, but it is going to happen and wil...   Jul 22 2012, 11:32 AM
Texasrvers   This is why we ask reviewers to stick to facts abo...   Jul 22 2012, 11:52 AM
Gayle E.   We've just started using this site in the last...   Jul 24 2012, 10:56 AM
RLM   If a cg is so bad to deserve a 1, that would have...   Jul 25 2012, 01:04 PM
mdcamping   I certainly agree about reviews needing detailed i...   Jul 27 2012, 01:06 PM
Jerry S.   I wanted to resurrect this thread for the upcoming...   Apr 8 2013, 08:40 PM
docj   I concur with your advice, but I doubt that those ...   Apr 8 2013, 08:57 PM
Fitzjohnfan   I concur with your advice, but I doubt that those...   Apr 11 2013, 01:35 PM
docj   Isn't have the fun of taking a trip is in the...   Apr 11 2013, 11:35 PM
busyteach   Ah oh, I do admit sometimes I ask about things to ...   Apr 16 2013, 05:06 PM
HappiestCamper   Just saw one where they were complaining that the ...   Jun 11 2013, 06:48 AM
gene007   I am brand new to RV living. For sure I will be r...   Apr 11 2013, 01:41 AM
joez   I am brand new to RV living. For sure I will be ...   Apr 11 2013, 08:11 AM
dalsgal   I think you are just being a bit over cautious. T...   Apr 11 2013, 07:49 AM
Tom   It was a fairly long review for Happy Jack Lodge...   Apr 18 2013, 06:53 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com