Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Coin-operated Showers
jamarynn1
post Jul 9 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45805

What's with all the coin-operated showers in the northeast? Five of the last six campgrounds we've stayed in have coin-op showers. Usually we head west for our 4-6 months trips, and I only saw one rv park with coin-op showers and that was in a national park. Granted, I usually shower in our camper, but occasionally I like a nice hot shower instead of the luke-warm drizzle I get in the rig. It seems if you are paying $48 a night for a site, showers should be included? Maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jim crowl
post Jul 16 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33991

I mostly travel in the Northwest, and Southwest, so have only seen a coin operated shower once. It was a quarter, so didn't mind too much, although admit I took twice as long of a shower since I paid for it! I guess it's what you are used to. I grew up with free air at every gas station, so when they started charging a quarter it didn't seem right. Does it really cost the park that much considering the percentage of time the showers are actually used? It just seems a little of a rip off when you are already paying $25 or more for the space, although a quarter is not a lot of money.
+Quote Post
B. Kidd
post Jul 16 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55883

QUOTE(jim crowl @ Jul 16 2012, 09:58 AM) *

I mostly travel in the Northwest, and Southwest, so have only seen a coin operated shower once. It was a quarter, so didn't mind too much, although admit I took twice as long of a shower since I paid for it! I guess it's what you are used to. I grew up with free air at every gas station, so when they started charging a quarter it didn't seem right. Does it really cost the park that much considering the percentage of time the showers are actually used? It just seems a little of a rip off when you are already paying $25 or more for the space, although a quarter is not a lot of money.

Most likely, when you grew up, there were alot less transient homeless out there, along with alot less irresponsible people whom leave showers running when not using them.
Just say'in........
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com