RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Extra Cancellation Charges Koa, KOA Penalty Charges
webmeister
post Jul 11 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 56328

Just discovered something I didn't know about KOA. I made a way in advance reservation on line. The next morning discovered I reserved the wrong location. There was a $10.00 penalty charge! Less than 24 hours & they charged me $10.00 - Come on Really! Customer service pointed out to me the fine print at the bottom of the reservation email I received. Wondering if it is worth being a member or not... unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pianotuna
post Jul 14 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi Dutch,

The last KOA I stayed at had additional fees for (very poor) wifi. I was able to connect just once. When I asked for a second "key" the owner wanted a second fee. It was the last time I will willing stay at a KOA. I'd rather park in a rest stop.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
NYDutch
post Jul 14 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35147

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Jul 14 2012, 10:08 PM) *

Hi Dutch,

The last KOA I stayed at had additional fees for (very poor) wifi. I was able to connect just once. When I asked for a second "key" the owner wanted a second fee. It was the last time I will willing stay at a KOA. I'd rather park in a rest stop.

I don't think I'd condemn all KOA's over the actions of one private owner. To date, the only KOA we've stayed at that had a pay WiFi system was in Williams, AZ, but they give you free coupons for the duration of your stay anyway. We normally use our Millenicom/Verizon 20GB data service anyway, so I don't normally pay much attention to what the campgrounds offer for WiFi. KOA or not, there's not many of them that seem to have a service worth bothering with.

--------------------
Dutch
Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
2011 Toyota RAV4 toad
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com