Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hastily Put Together Rv Parks In North Dakota, I saw a LOT of them
DXSMac
post Jul 14 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

I drove down US Highway 85 in North Dakota today. You wouldn't believe how many "hastily put together" RV parks I saw, complete with cardboard (or whatever they could get) sign that says "RV Park" and it's out in the middle of nowhere! And all you see are RV's, trailers, campers, all in a big parking lot on a field, out in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't tell if they actually had hookups.

Yeah yeah, probably for the oil workers. Anyone on here doing that in North Dakota?

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sightseer
post Aug 16 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73305

Just came across ND on us-2, had a real hard time finding an available spot most everywhere along that route. Stopped in Wiliston, thought it was a large enough town to find a space...WRONG...@ Walmart they said try the street outside their lot, no parking on most streets in town. Ended up on the street across from a church that lets homeless folks stay in their lot. THE PITS!
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Aug 17 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(sightseer @ Aug 16 2012, 06:03 PM) *

Just came across ND on us-2, had a real hard time finding an available spot most everywhere along that route. Stopped in Wiliston, thought it was a large enough town to find a space...WRONG...@ Walmart they said try the street outside their lot, no parking on most streets in town. Ended up on the street across from a church that lets homeless folks stay in their lot. THE PITS!

In Williston, there is a State Park. Lewis and Clark. I stopped there on my way to the park I'm hosting at. The camp host at Lewis and Clark told me that the rangers at Lewis and Clark try very hard to keep the oil workers out so the park is available only to true vacationers.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com