RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Louisiana Campground Lafayette Or Baton Rouge, Looking along I-10
Captain Justice
post Aug 6 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 72828

We are seeking a camping spot for a long weekend somewhere roughly in the area of Lafayette to Baton Rouge, near or within 25 miles or so of I-10. Prefer wilderness, quiet settings with hike and bike trails, maybe fishing. You know, nature stuff and don't really care about amenities like pools, bars, playgrounds.

This is for four adults (well, at least they pretend to be) in a 34 ft towable. Prefer full hookup but can manage without sewer as long as there is a dump station.

Have done many, many searches but am looking for contact with a human, not ET. biggrin.gif

--------------------
- gil- (a/k/a Captain Justice)
34' Rockwood Windjammer / F250 Powerstroke (6.7L)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ryjamsan
post Aug 23 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73019

Fyi I drive a truck mostly from mobile al to lake charles la so we are talking about 80% of my loads along the I 10 and I 12 corridor

You picked a nice park in lake charles

However there is one more you may consider if its not to late
Its called frenchmanwilderness and its 1 mile south of I 10 in the middle of the atchafalaya basin its at the same exit as the huge la rest area exit 121

Check it out on your way its for future reference or on your way back

They have a good website

Fyi I live in slidell and own a 1990 airstream land yatch 36' and spend my weekends at mcleod water park 5 miles north of I 10 at exit 13
We plan to expand our trips but are doing the little fix ups that needs to be done just to make sure she is reliable
I love it

Another park close to me is buccaneer state park if you prefer close to the beach

I also give any of you to contact me if your comming thru the area. We are new to rving and would love to spend time with some rvers and hear some tales
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com