Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Snow??, West Yellowstone
jmcf46
post Aug 6 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 59128

I'm thinking of traveling out to West Yellowstone this September and leaving around the end of October.

I'm curious when you should worry about being caught in a snowstorm. Do they get any in October?

Scares me to death the thought of driving down a mountain on snowy/icy roads towing a 5th wheeler.

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jerry S.
post Aug 6 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10441

As others have already indicated, snow and cold (nights <32F) are quite possible before the end of September. By the end of October, that type of weather is likely. What may be as important as the weather is what facilities are available in October. Many RV parks shut down around October 1st and many other tourist businesses (shops, restaurants, etc.) in bordering communities (West Yellowstone, Gardiner, etc.) also end their season in October. 10+ years ago, West Yellowstone was the first place I ever saw a frozen water hose on 9/30 the last day the RV park was open. Water availability becomes an issue at the parks that are sitill open in October. Then there is the question of access to YNP itself and the sights if there is a heavy snow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com