RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which Is Better In General: National/state Vs. Private Campgrounds?
New Daddy
post Aug 22 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73540

Which is better in general: national/state vs. private campgrounds? Or does it really depend on the individual campground?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jensb
post Sep 9 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 64976

I love to stay at national and state parks because og the distance between sites and the woodsy feeling. I'm in a motorhome with no tow vehicle, and also enjoys sometimes to be able to park the motorhome for a few days, and then use the national park shuttle busses to get around, or be within walking distance from trails in state parks, which is often the case.

I don't mind not having water and sewer hookups. for the type of travel I do, I'm fine with just using dump stations at the campground.

Lack of electricity hookup? Well, that's actually the key issue for me in choosing between private or public parks. If travelling in hot areas in the summer, then I do like electricity to run the aircon. But if travelling in spring or fall (I'm in Utah now), then I can live without electricity hookup. (some of the state and national parks here in Utah actually have electricity hookup).

If travelling with kids, then I stay at more private campgrounds, in order to have a pool.

Final comment: I really hate generators, and that is the worst thing about staying at campgrounds without hookups. Way to often I end up with a neighbour, who loves his generator. I hope fuel cells will take over generators in the future, that would be nice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com