Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Travel Assist, Good? Bad?
DXSMac
post Aug 25 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

I'll try my best not to make this sound like some "endorsement" of a commercial product.

I just signed up for this new service from Good Sam. It's $89 for singles and $109 for families. They offer a wide variety of "travel interruption" type of stuff, but being a solo full-timer and having a pet, there were three services that jumped out at me:

Paying for someone to come be with me in a hospital if I don't have a spouse
Caring for my pet if something happens to me
Paying for someone to go get my RV and take it somewhere

In all the years I have been RVing, I have often thought, "What if.... What if.... what if....." and the services they offer were basically a godsend to my "What if?" questions. Especially my pet! How would my pet be cared for if something happened to me?

For me, I feel that having this "safety net" is worth it, but what about the rest of you? Any reason NOT to sign up for it?

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DXSMac
post Sep 26 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

Well, even if you don't sign up for the Good Sam "special" services (insurance, etc.), at least sign up for Good Sam's basic membership. You will get 10% off MOST any park you stay at. Not all parks participate, but in my travels, the parks that didn't participate (other than State/Federal/County parks) were very few.

Makes me wonder if the parks just jack up the rates 10% since there are so many Good Sam members...... And when you get your "10% discount" you are really just paying the market price..... (which is how the grocery story "loyalty club" things are, you aren't "saving" money, you are just getting the real market price, and the people who aren't in the "loyalty club" are getting overcharged....)

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com