Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tpms Advice, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
GandJ
post Sep 2 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 64530

Does anyone amongst us have advice, experience or opinions on aftermarket tire pressure monitoring systems?

Our regular vehicles (car, truck) were made before TPMS came along, so the only experience I've had with them were on a rental car. (When the idiot light came on, it looked to me like someone's backside seated on a slatted sauna bench. Took awhile to figure out it was was showing a tire going flat.)

Has anyone found them at all useful?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GandJ
post Sep 16 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

We decided to get the TST 507's. This is the only system we looked at that will easily allow us to disconnect our truck from our trailer and use the TPMS on just the truck without re-programming everything.

Since TST didn't have a presence at the Hershey Show last week, I e-mailed them and asked if they had a "show price" anyway (a "not-at-the-show" discount?) and they offered me one! Also free shipping and an extended warranty (2 years) as is listed on their site. This brought the cost down into the range of the Tire Minder system we were looking at locally.

It was suggested by TST's rep that we NOT use the flow-through sensors, since they stick out farther and might be a problem if we use the TMPS on our Honda Civic Hybrid when we take it on drive trips.

Thanks again for your help.

--------------------
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Sep 24 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Received our TPMS last week, but didn't have much opportunity to play with it due to a bout of the flu. It's installed on the Honda now...pretty darn nifty.

One question for anyone who uses it on a regular-non-RV vehicle or on a tow'd (toad?): Do you leave the default tire temp setting of 175 or should it have a different setting for vehicle tires, which are maybe less "robust" than RV tires?

Thanks again for any/all replies.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com