RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "permanent Guest", same
zavsgran
post Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

Why do a lot of reviewers complain about "Permanent Guests"? I think this is just pure snobbery!!!
I have permanents who are very good guests,more so than short term guests, i.e. School Teachers, College Professors, Policemen, Senators & Congressmen, just to name a few. The permanents are always very good neighbors who clean up after their dogs(pets) & keep there sites very nice, will maintain their own yards & enjoy being able to add their own beautiful landscaping, where the short term guests let their children & pets destroy trees & other landscaping & think it's my responsibility to clean up after them & their pets. I screen my permanents very carefully, I do not rent permanent space to anyone I think may be a problem to me or other guests! Unfortunately I would go bankrupt soon if I only rented to short term campers, especially in this economy! I would like to know how other RV Park & Campground Owners feel about complaints about "Permanent Guest"! cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
docj
post Sep 25 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45503

As full-time RVers we are transients during some months, seasonals in others, and work-campers at other times. In all three circumstances our rig is the same although we definitely have more "stuff" out around our site when we are in once place for multiple months. We believe we think our site is always kept neat, but I guess some folks might consider it cluttered. Similarly, some other people might consider the lights I strung on the MH last winter to be tacky, but we thought they looked nice.

Personally, I don't care whether someone is "permanent", "seasonal," or "transient". The terms themselves are broad generalizations and IMHO the concern should not be whether the person next to you is in one group or another. For example, I get concerned if there are sites with trash regardless of what "category" of camper is parked there. If that is the case, I would note that in my review and would hope that others would, also.

These days long-term or permanent customers are a fact of life at many campgrounds throughout the country. From our experiences, if one tried to avoid CG's with lots of long-term residents it often would be extremely difficult to find places to stay. For example, we never would have expected expected the very high percentage of long term residents we found at the KOA's in Nampa ID or Salt Lake City. But in both cases the parks were excellently maintained and all the sites we saw were clean and neat. The same could not be said for the long term sites at the KOA in Laramie WY, but in that case the long term sites simply were indications of the overall poor condition of the campground.

As far as I am concerned my reviews will reflect whether or not the CG is attractively maintained and will not worry excessively whether or not any poorly maintained sites are due to long term or transient residents. IMHO that is a more objective way to deal with the issue.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com