RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "permanent Guest", same
zavsgran
post Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

Why do a lot of reviewers complain about "Permanent Guests"? I think this is just pure snobbery!!!
I have permanents who are very good guests,more so than short term guests, i.e. School Teachers, College Professors, Policemen, Senators & Congressmen, just to name a few. The permanents are always very good neighbors who clean up after their dogs(pets) & keep there sites very nice, will maintain their own yards & enjoy being able to add their own beautiful landscaping, where the short term guests let their children & pets destroy trees & other landscaping & think it's my responsibility to clean up after them & their pets. I screen my permanents very carefully, I do not rent permanent space to anyone I think may be a problem to me or other guests! Unfortunately I would go bankrupt soon if I only rented to short term campers, especially in this economy! I would like to know how other RV Park & Campground Owners feel about complaints about "Permanent Guest"! cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Sep 6 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

We are not a destination park here so pretty much everyone here is permanent. We do get Winter Texans on their way to and from the cold country so other guests are here fairly often. We do not allow RV's to look junky, to have things piled underneath, loud noise or rowdy behavior. We do have over nighters that totally ignore the few rules we do have and think the campground belongs to them. We ask that they park only in their site but 7 out of 10 that unhook will park in the site next to them. I had told one man he could park across the drive in the shade but, instead, he parallel parked right in the driveway. To remind him of where he should park I parked my car beside where I had told him to park but he returned to the CG and parallel parked in the drive right in front of my car and blocked me in.

The permanent campers know what we expect of them and what they can expect of us but so many over night guests think that because they are here only for one or two nights there is nothing we can do about them so they don't care what they do. We do have some great guests that come back each year as they travel and we look forward to seeing them.

I have been to CG's where the permanent sites look like a "trashy trailer park" but most of the people that come here never know that almost every RV here is permanent.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com