RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "permanent Guest", same
zavsgran
post Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

Why do a lot of reviewers complain about "Permanent Guests"? I think this is just pure snobbery!!!
I have permanents who are very good guests,more so than short term guests, i.e. School Teachers, College Professors, Policemen, Senators & Congressmen, just to name a few. The permanents are always very good neighbors who clean up after their dogs(pets) & keep there sites very nice, will maintain their own yards & enjoy being able to add their own beautiful landscaping, where the short term guests let their children & pets destroy trees & other landscaping & think it's my responsibility to clean up after them & their pets. I screen my permanents very carefully, I do not rent permanent space to anyone I think may be a problem to me or other guests! Unfortunately I would go bankrupt soon if I only rented to short term campers, especially in this economy! I would like to know how other RV Park & Campground Owners feel about complaints about "Permanent Guest"! cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BruceandKathyWA
post Sep 14 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3120

I like to know if there are permanent residents as it gives me an idea of the flavor of the park. We've stayed in some parks where there were lots of permanents and their trailers were all run down but we were made to feel welcome and everyone was pleasant and helpful and we felt safe. At other times the trailers were all run down and the people were not so welcoming and once or twice downright scary. That's a situation we try to avoid. If something is giving us a signal that a place isn't safe we leave. Otherwise we tend to adopt a live and let live attitude. Sometimes the state of a rig is just an indication that that's all the resident can afford. Stuff around the perimeter of a rig is not an immediate turn off for us, but trash and garbage are. We've stayed in some immaculate "resort" type parks with arm long lists of rules and no long term residents where the people were snobby and unfriendly. That said, it's nice that if a reviewer mentions that there are permanent residents that he or she also describes the conditions as this gives you some idea of what kind of management a park has.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com