RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "permanent Guest", same
zavsgran
post Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

Why do a lot of reviewers complain about "Permanent Guests"? I think this is just pure snobbery!!!
I have permanents who are very good guests,more so than short term guests, i.e. School Teachers, College Professors, Policemen, Senators & Congressmen, just to name a few. The permanents are always very good neighbors who clean up after their dogs(pets) & keep there sites very nice, will maintain their own yards & enjoy being able to add their own beautiful landscaping, where the short term guests let their children & pets destroy trees & other landscaping & think it's my responsibility to clean up after them & their pets. I screen my permanents very carefully, I do not rent permanent space to anyone I think may be a problem to me or other guests! Unfortunately I would go bankrupt soon if I only rented to short term campers, especially in this economy! I would like to know how other RV Park & Campground Owners feel about complaints about "Permanent Guest"! cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
joez
post Sep 25 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19489

IMO, the original posting pretty much describes the difficulty mixing transients and permanents in an rv park. Transients, when mixed with permanents interrupt the community routines, can be more work to manage, come and go with their noisy diesels at odd hours of the morning and night, and compete with permanents for facilities and amenities. Permanents tend to accumulate stuff, in many cases making a site look trashy, and personal landscaping and plants can range from gorgeous to a sick looking bunch of half dead tomato and pepper plants. They many times have to go to work and school early in the morning causing a lot of traffic and noise, and they view facilities like laundry rooms as their own personal domains. We have been told not to use laundry rooms on a certain day as one of the permanents worked six days per week and that was the only day available to her to wash clothes for her four kids, and denied use of a pool as one of the permanents had her multitude of grand and great grandkids visiting and she wanted the pool for themselves.

Management tends, in many cases, to favor permanent guests in their dealings. In most cases they know one another, live in the same community, and are many times friends. Transients can many times sense that they are looked upon as necessary evils. Permanent guests present almost guaranteed cash flow, even if management does forget that if their spaces could be filled with transients that cash flow would increase dramatically.

We tend to park in one spot for one to two months, so we often get mixed with permanent residents. We see both sides of the issue. Many places handle the issue by essentially having separate areas for transients and permanents. Others haphazardly mix the two. Some places have strict limits on outside stuff and control personal landscaping, and others just ignore the junk as long as the rent is paid. Some parks are lived in by folks with well maintained rvs, others have permanent residents living in duct tape and cardboard shacks. Some parks with a lot of seasonals and permanents have an atmosphere conducive to wanting to stay there, some have the atmosphere of a low rent trailer park.

We mention all pertinent, to us, things about an rv park in our reviews. If the number of permanents is relevant, we mention it. If not we ignore it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com