RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "permanent Guest", same
zavsgran
post Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

Why do a lot of reviewers complain about "Permanent Guests"? I think this is just pure snobbery!!!
I have permanents who are very good guests,more so than short term guests, i.e. School Teachers, College Professors, Policemen, Senators & Congressmen, just to name a few. The permanents are always very good neighbors who clean up after their dogs(pets) & keep there sites very nice, will maintain their own yards & enjoy being able to add their own beautiful landscaping, where the short term guests let their children & pets destroy trees & other landscaping & think it's my responsibility to clean up after them & their pets. I screen my permanents very carefully, I do not rent permanent space to anyone I think may be a problem to me or other guests! Unfortunately I would go bankrupt soon if I only rented to short term campers, especially in this economy! I would like to know how other RV Park & Campground Owners feel about complaints about "Permanent Guest"! cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom
post Sep 25 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1770

I don't know about "permanents", but regarding "seasonals", it is not "pure snobbery" at all for me talking about them, as I can't afford to have a seasonal site at a campground. And most seasonals have much, much nicer campers than I do (I have a 21 foot travel trailer).

I am not sure how to tell permanents apart from seasonals, so if anything I might be a little jealous of seeing some of of those setups.

That being said....
Seasonals can ruin a campground for weekend families. We've been to campgrounds that are essentially run by the seasonals, where management literally will not enforce campground rules regarding them. Also, money wise, seasonals do provide steady rental income for a campground, but according to some people I've talked to when it comes to the campground store and/or restaurant, the weekenders are the ones who spend money there. One campground manager said he rarely if ever sees any of the seasonals in the campground store - except for free coffee Sunday morning! tongue.gif

And that being said....
One of our favorite campgrounds is easily over half filled with seasonals, but the campground has such a fun and laid back atmosphere that we always have a great time there.

So there, I have to get back to work. I have no idea if this post really added anything to the thread!

--------------------
2008 F-250 5.4L CrewCab
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor TT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com