Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hints For A Well Written Review, even if it contains negative comments
DXSMac
post Sep 16 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

Ok, with all the gripes about "my review got rejected" and "my review got edited" and all that, let's give some suggestions for writing reviews.

Stick to facts, try to leave out emotions. Ok, once in awhile, I throw in an emotional comment, like one park I stayed at in New Mexico had this WONDERFUL view, and I started the review out with WOW, WHAT A VIEW!!!

It's ok to mention that check in person was a bit rude or ugly to you, but then go on to say, "sites were (or weren't) level, bathrooms were (or weren't) clean, Sites had grass, gravel, hardtop. Great pet area, except it was near the propane station. RV Park had lovely flowers.....

Negative comments are ok in reviews, just stick to observations. "My sewer connection was full of bugs, so I had to ask to switch sites." (That happened to me once!) Or, "It rained and my site was full of puddles I had to jump over when I got out of my RV." (This isn't the park's fault, but could be a clue as to whether or not you would want to stay there when it rains.....)

Any other suggestions?

I love this site. I used to post on two other sites, but stopped, as I feel this one is the best. And, another RV Park Review site offered me 50 cents per review, and I sent in a bunch, but never followed up to get paid. What kind of upset me was when they wanted to copy all my reviews off this site and add them to their site, well..... I felt something was WRONG with that......

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JohnTucson
post Oct 9 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 37787

I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that you enter in a review ...

Enter the normal rate the park normally charges, not what you paid as a result of your discounts or whatever. I may not have the same discounts you do, in which case the number you enter won't be useful to me.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Oct 9 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(JohnTucson @ Oct 9 2012, 01:06 AM) *

I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that you enter in a review ...

Enter the normal rate the park normally charges, not what you paid as a result of your discounts or whatever. I may not have the same discounts you do, in which case the number you enter won't be useful to me.

I have a slight disagreement about this as I enter what I paid per night, including discounts and up-charges. I will also mention in my review what affected my nightly rate. That way, future vistors can make an educated guess about the nightly rate.

I look at that rate and sometimes use it to decide where to stay. Recently stayed at one park that had a posted nightly rate of $35.00/night. Once I arrived, they charged an additional $3.00/ea for my two kids and an additional $3.00 for a pull-through site (even though I didn't request one) even though they had back-in sites available. If I had known this, I might have checked out a nearby park that had a posted rate of $40.00 a night. I know, I should have done my homework before arrival.

Also, seeing discounted rates may help me decide to purchase a discount membership in the future. I don't have any now, but it looks like if we traveled more, PA would be a good membership to have.

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DXSMac   Hints For A Well Written Review   Sep 16 2012, 03:44 PM
GandJ   I couldn't agree more on the "stick to th...   Sep 16 2012, 04:39 PM
TXBobcat   Some time ago I started placing reviews in the man...   Sep 16 2012, 05:49 PM
Texasrvers   You have a good list. Sorry our review software i...   Sep 16 2012, 06:31 PM
John Blue   If you go to the home page we have a review form u...   Sep 16 2012, 06:56 PM
RLM   Ok, with all the gripes about "my review got ...   Sep 17 2012, 10:28 AM
Texasrvers   Reviewer's should look past their own site ...   Sep 17 2012, 11:43 AM
Jerry S.   This is almost a rehash of a thread from earlier t...   Sep 17 2012, 11:17 PM
jan-n-john   Not saying anything about the pool, bathrooms, ...   Sep 19 2012, 08:19 PM
Texasrvers   Just to clarify: we do not expect reviewers to co...   Sep 19 2012, 08:46 PM
TXBobcat   When I go to a campground I will walk through the ...   Sep 19 2012, 09:13 PM
JohnTucson   I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that yo...   Oct 9 2012, 01:06 AM
JohnTucson   I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that y...   Oct 9 2012, 09:10 AM
Fitzjohnfan   I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that y...   Oct 9 2012, 11:53 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   Also, seeing discounted rates may help me decide...   Oct 10 2012, 10:04 AM
Full-Timer RV'er   TXBobcat - I love your list. It makes a wonderful ...   Oct 9 2012, 11:21 AM
Full-Timer RV'er   A programming suggestion that might help. I did NO...   Oct 9 2012, 12:38 PM
vincee   What alot of members or guests don't seem to u...   Oct 12 2012, 11:42 AM
docj   I would hope that common sense suggests that if y...   Oct 12 2012, 04:16 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com