RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review Not Posted, I've read the rules ......
pianotuna
post Dec 29 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi,

The admins are all volunteers and this is a free site with over 175,000 reviews. At one review per minute (impossibly fast imho) it would take over 100 8 hour days to vet them all.

No one is forcing anyone to use this site. The wonder is that there are so many excellent reviews.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wprigge
post Dec 29 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5036

Right on pianotuna! smile.gif
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Dec 29 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(wprigge @ Dec 29 2012, 10:29 AM) *

Right on pianotuna! smile.gif

X2

Mike
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Dec 29 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Dec 29 2012, 05:23 AM) *

The wonder is that there are so many excellent reviews.

Have lost track of the number of years we have used this site to research campgrounds and RV parks as we have traveled through this life. Am pleased to note we took the plunge, and posted a couple reviews as well. Very fulfilling to be part of this body of work.
And on that note:
Happy New Year everyone. Hope to see you camping in 2013!
cool.gif
+Quote Post
cKarlGo
post Jan 10 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #20

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 31347

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 29 2012, 12:58 PM) *

Have lost track of the number of years we have used this site to research campgrounds and RV parks as we have traveled through this life. Am pleased to note we took the plunge, and posted a couple reviews as well. Very fulfilling to be part of this body of work.
And on that note:
Happy New Year everyone. Hope to see you camping in 2013!
cool.gif

I never make reservations anywhere that I do not read the reviews on here first. I rarely stay anywhere that lacks reviews or has multiple bad reviews from reviewers who are well into the double-digits.
+Quote Post
joez
post Jan 10 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

I rarely stay anywhere that lacks reviews

This site is really our only source to find a place to park,also. A few years ago, though, we were in an area where no campgrounds had been reviewed here. We thought that if everybody who uses this site only stayed at reviewed parks, we would never see new ones. So at least a couple times per year we try to stay in an unreviewed place so that we can add to the listings.
+Quote Post
RLM
post Jan 11 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8584

I do a couple of small commercial websites and business Facebook sites. My wife runs a small in home business. We have learned, painfully so, that one cannot please everyone all of the time despite our absolute best effort to do so. We bend over backwards for those that have legitimate concerns. But, it's a fact that there are just plain grumpy people out there that would complain if you gave them everything free and served it on a silver platter. Which by the way, this website is free to use. I suspect that 99.9% of the reviewers are pleased with the service that this site provides. For the other .1% perhaps an occasional chill pill would do no harm.
+Quote Post
jimnkaran
post Apr 5 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 77786

I am new to this website but really like any site with campground reviews. I was going to post on a couple of places we have stayed but according to the rules I am not allowed to post a review on any campground. The reason is I have worked at a campground, Glacier National Park, as a campground host and the rules you must agree to when posting a review is that you have NEVER WORKED AT ANY CAMPGROUND!!! This is completely wrong. I agree that I should not be allowed to post a review at any campgrounds that I have worked at but I should be allowed to post on other campgrounds we stay at when traveling. I feel like this is not right just because I worked at one, my opinion should still count on other campgrounds.
+Quote Post
docj
post Apr 5 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

FWIW, I never noticed that the "affirmation" was stated in such a blanket manner until you pointed it out and I'm pretty sure that the intent of whoever wrote it was to assure that reviewers didn't have any relationships with the CG's they were reviewing. I have been a work-kamper and yet I write reviews and I'm sure that is true of many other folks who are members and contribute. We welcome you to the site and encourage you to post reviews.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
Emma
post Apr 6 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 13555

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Dec 29 2012, 10:51 AM) *

X2

Mike

X2 (for the "Right on pianotuna! smile.gif " post)

EmmaMae
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Apr 10 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

Um..... I think you can't post on a campground you are currently employed at. But any others you can post a review on..... But it might be a different story for a campground OWNER.

QUOTE(jimnkaran @ Apr 5 2013, 07:37 PM) *

I am new to this website but really like any site with campground reviews. I was going to post on a couple of places we have stayed but according to the rules I am not allowed to post a review on any campground. The reason is I have worked at a campground, Glacier National Park, as a campground host and the rules you must agree to when posting a review is that you have NEVER WORKED AT ANY CAMPGROUND!!! This is completely wrong. I agree that I should not be allowed to post a review at any campgrounds that I have worked at but I should be allowed to post on other campgrounds we stay at when traveling. I feel like this is not right just because I worked at one, my opinion should still count on other campgrounds.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
jimnkaran
post Apr 10 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 77786

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 10 2013, 09:25 AM) *

Um..... I think you can't post on a campground you are currently employed at. But any others you can post a review on..... But it might be a different story for a campground OWNER.

I have gotten advice from 2 so called senior members that say I can review campgrounds that I have been to but evidently they don't read the rules. Here is the quote that you must agree to before posting.
" I hereby state that I have read and will abide by the instructions listed above when writing my review. I am not currently nor have I ever been the owner, a relative of the owner, or an employee of this or any other RV park or campground. Furthermore I do not currently have nor have I ever had any affiliation with this or any other RV park or campground. I also give my permission for RV Park Reviews and/or campground Reviews to log my IP address when submitting this review. "
The statement above is very explicit as far as who can post. Not only does it exempt me from reviewing because I was a work camper but also about 13 years ago I owned a small campground and that also makes me ineligible to post reviews. Someone needs to tell the owners of the website how many people they are stopping from posting. And also anyone that falls into any of those categories and still post could be legally liable for anything they post. Evidently very few people read the rules they agree to when they check the little box to post.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Apr 10 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I will try to get a clarification from the webmaster.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Apr 11 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I think you will now find that this statement has been reworded to more accurately reflect its intent.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jerry S.
post Apr 28 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

Back to the part of this thread that discussed the need to moderate the incoming reviews. I recently read a review of the Ameristar Vickburg (MS) RV Park. Except for calling the park "rundown" and not getting a 50Amp site until they threatened to leave, the reviewer said little about the RV park. In fact, they actually wrote "I guess my rating is based not so much on the park as on Vicksburg itself". That's just wrong.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com