RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Pet's Rabies Vaccination Record, Have you ever been asked to show it?
RCandTheTwins
post Oct 8 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #16

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 47713

QUOTE(GandJ @ Sep 27 2012, 04:39 PM) *

A question for those traveling with a pet (especially cats): Have you ever been asked by a campground owner or park personnel to show your pet's proof of rabies vaccination?

We've not ever been asked, but our cat's rabies vaxi certificate expires very shortly before we're due to arrive home next March. We're wondering if we are at risk of getting kicked out or not admitted to a park if we can show only a recently-expired certificate.

(Btw, our vet says that this short lapse will not put our geriatric, indoor, anti-social cat at risk)

We have only had to show our dog's collars to prove rabies. I never tell them that we have our cat. She's only gone with us once this year and did well so maybe we'll bring her often. But thanks for posting because I never bring her rabies collar, it's too big but now I'll make sure to have a copy in my trailer for all the animals.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Oct 19 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 64530

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Sep 27 2012, 03:51 PM) *

BTW, at our last vet visit we got the 3 year rabbies vaccination for our cats so now we don't have to deal with it so often.

Went to our vet clinic today and asked the tech to look up our cat's records from last year's vaccination. Lo and behold! It had been a three-year vaxi. Not only does she not have to go in this year, she's good to go next year, too. I now have an updated rabies certificate to show in case anyone asks to see it.

Thanks again for the heads up! (from Lexi, especially)

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Oct 19 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I'm glad that worked out for you.
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post May 15 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

We have never been asked for vacc cert. Even when we went into Canada last summer. We have them available inb case though.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post
mkc
post May 17 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 11796

QUOTE(TXBobcat @ Sep 27 2012, 09:22 PM) *

We are scheduled to go to Copake KOA in Copake NY, When making reservations they asked if we had a shots record and we told them we do. They said to bring them when we arrive. I have the record plus a Certificate of Health. I mainly keep them in case we go into Canada.

This is the only place we have ever been asked for a shots record. Don't know if they will actually ask for it when we arrve. Guess we will see.

They, and every other campground we have stayed at in the eastern NY area, have required the rabies certificates and made a copy of them for their records. This is current as of summer 2013.

Brook n' Wood, Interlake, and the KOA in Saugerties have done the same in past years.

Michelle

--------------------
2003 Foretravel U320
www.foreforums.com
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com