RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Complete Lies In A Review, Untrue Reviews
zavsgran
post Sep 28 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of complete lies, how are we to defend ourselves, especially when these lies are slanderous & defaming? sad.gif

I would love to start a website that reviews guests, I wonder how they would like to be slandered & defamed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post Sep 28 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

You can report your concern by clicking on "Contact Us," and a higher level admin will review what you report.

However, Wink has the right idea. If the ratings are almost all high with only bad one, then it is probable the reviewer was part of the problem and was just writing a vindictive review. If the problem is ongoing, then there will be mention of it in other reviews. Most people on this forum can easily determine the difference between a review identifying a real problem and one written just to get even with the park.

+Quote Post
The Sconyers and their boys
post Sep 29 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 74877

smile.gif
QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Sep 28 2012, 08:04 PM) *

You can report your concern by clicking on "Contact Us," and a higher level admin will review what you report.

However, Wink has the right idea. If the ratings are almost all high with only bad one, then it is probable the reviewer was part of the problem and was just writing a vindictive review. If the problem is ongoing, then there will be mention of it in other reviews. Most people on this forum can easily determine the difference between a review identifying a real problem and one written just to get even with the park.

QUOTE(zavsgran @ Sep 29 2012, 02:04 PM) *

I never said I wished to slander & defame anyone, I just thinks some guests should be rated, like the ones who think their too good to pick up after their dogs, or think nothing of driving thru someone else's campsite late at night, or stay way past check out time. I don't make a habit of telling slanderous lies about anyone or anything & I think those who do should be made known.

The RV Resort Site owner has the express right to make rules and to enforce them in a kind fashion. If you don't like it that dog owners don't pick up after their dogs there are many ways to tackle that. Same as the late check out. Campers have to obey the Resort owners rules. Simple as that. I agree, no need to create a website to report bad campers. Two wrongs does not make it right.
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Sep 29 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(The Sconyers and their boys @ Sep 29 2012, 06:34 PM) *

smile.gif
The RV Resort Site owner has the express right to make rules and to enforce them in a kind fashion. If you don't like it that dog owners don't pick up after their dogs there are many ways to tackle that. Same as the late check out. Campers have to obey the Resort owners rules. Simple as that. I agree, no need to create a website to report bad campers. Two wrongs does not make it right.

While a review-type website would surely be inappropriate, be aware that many businesses keep a database of troublesome customers. Walmart, Home Depot and similar big box stores can and will keep records of returns, and when you have too high a percentage, just cut you off. Many hotel chains keep a database of guests who damage property, and refuse them service. I wouldn't be surprised if someday KOA had a similar database tying all the customer records from the different parks together.
+Quote Post
campergal
post Nov 2 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16795

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Sep 29 2012, 06:59 PM) *

While a review-type website would surely be inappropriate, be aware that many businesses keep a database of troublesome customers. Walmart, Home Depot and similar big box stores can and will keep records of returns, and when you have too high a percentage, just cut you off. Many hotel chains keep a database of guests who damage property, and refuse them service. I wouldn't be surprised if someday KOA had a similar database tying all the customer records from the different parks together.

The program we use allows us to make notes on campers and often, if a camper leaves and there is a big mess on their site, I will make a note, or a violation, on their record. That way, the next time they call to book in I have the red flag and can deal with it appropriately at that time.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
zavsgran   Complete Lies In A Review   Sep 28 2012, 03:17 PM
Wink   I just look at other reviews a person has and the ...   Sep 28 2012, 03:54 PM
Alessandro   I just look at other reviews a person has and the...   Apr 30 2013, 04:20 PM
Texasrvers   You can report your concern by clicking on "C...   Sep 28 2012, 07:04 PM
The Sconyers and their boys   :) You can report your concern by clicking on ...   Sep 29 2012, 06:34 PM
kcmoedoe   :) The RV Resort Site owner has the express righ...   Sep 29 2012, 06:59 PM
zavsgran   While a review-type website would surely be inapp...   Sep 29 2012, 09:26 PM
campergal   While a review-type website would surely be inapp...   Nov 2 2012, 01:28 PM
kcmoedoe   What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of...   Sep 28 2012, 07:59 PM
Lindsay Richards   When I was in the lodging business, we had a whole...   Sep 29 2012, 08:33 AM
HappiestCamper   I would love to start a website that reviews gue...   Sep 29 2012, 12:47 PM
zavsgran   Free country (at least for now), start a website ...   Sep 29 2012, 01:04 PM
Texasrvers   Let me go back to what kcmoedoe said. If someone ...   Sep 29 2012, 03:07 PM
rgatijnet   What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of...   Sep 29 2012, 06:48 PM
dalsgal   We have a list of RV'ers that will not be allo...   Sep 30 2012, 07:23 AM
GandJ   I would love to start a website that reviews gue...   Sep 30 2012, 02:54 PM
kcmoedoe   A good example of why some parks would want a data...   Sep 30 2012, 08:07 PM
rbrumfield   A good example of why some parks would want a dat...   Oct 1 2012, 03:38 PM
ClaireOKC   I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively ...   Oct 16 2012, 06:43 AM
RLM   I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively...   Oct 16 2012, 01:28 PM
puddleduck   The original post on this thread was written by a ...   Oct 20 2012, 11:17 AM
Dutch_12078   We stayed at one park that prominently includes on...   Oct 20 2012, 12:15 PM
tbax46   Like most have said: read other reviews . I als...   Nov 27 2012, 04:19 PM
dodge guy   This is why I think adding a pic or 2 to a review ...   Jan 27 2013, 07:36 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com