RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Complete Lies In A Review, Untrue Reviews
zavsgran
post Sep 28 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21771

What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of complete lies, how are we to defend ourselves, especially when these lies are slanderous & defaming? sad.gif

I would love to start a website that reviews guests, I wonder how they would like to be slandered & defamed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ClaireOKC
post Oct 16 2012, 06:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 61334

I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively on this site for help in selecting RV Parks to stay - and sometimes this is the only source I use. I have often read negative or bad reviews on a park, and stayed there anyway - just recently did that with one park. Read the other reviews and to be honest what I was most concerned about with the park was that we would have privacy if we wanted it (not having to enter into park activities, etc.,). We did, and the problem the bad reviewer had never appear for us or our friends who were there. My feelings are that if you don't make the RV park owner aware of problem/dissatisfaction, you really can't make the bad review (which is what I suspect in my case). IOW, the customer was miffed about something and instead of taking it to owner, decided to make bad review. As owner of 3 companies, I prefer my customers to come to me first with problem, so I can make it right - most RV owners are same way. Just from a customer's point of view.

QUOTE(zavsgran @ Sep 28 2012, 04:17 PM) *

What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of complete lies, how are we to defend ourselves, especially when these lies are slanderous & defaming? sad.gif

I would love to start a website that reviews guests, I wonder how they would like to be slandered & defamed.

+Quote Post
RLM
post Oct 16 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

QUOTE(ClaireOKC @ Oct 16 2012, 07:43 AM) *

I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively on this site for help in selecting RV Parks to stay - and sometimes this is the only source I use.

As owner of 3 companies, I prefer my customers to come to me first with problem, so I can make it right - most RV owners are same way. Just from a customer's point of view.

First, welcome to the forum. You have a good point.

I personally discount any review that is a rant about an incident at a CG. Human nature being what it is, I figure that they didn't much care about the review, but just wanted to vent. I do factor in a review were the individual has made negative comments but has done it in a tactful, fact based manner where there is a legitimate concern for letting others know that there might be a problem.

I suspect that most RVers, to include those who post reviews, do make an initial attempt to work with the CG staff to solve issues. I've been RVing for a long time and haven't had many problems, but one thing I have observed is that "staff" is not necessarily the management nor do they have that type authority. It is incumbent upon the owner, as you have done with your companies, to make themselves available as the ultimate source for problem resolution. If that doesn't happen then getting a bad review might be the result.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
zavsgran   Complete Lies In A Review   Sep 28 2012, 03:17 PM
Wink   I just look at other reviews a person has and the ...   Sep 28 2012, 03:54 PM
Alessandro   I just look at other reviews a person has and the...   Apr 30 2013, 04:20 PM
Texasrvers   You can report your concern by clicking on "C...   Sep 28 2012, 07:04 PM
The Sconyers and their boys   :) You can report your concern by clicking on ...   Sep 29 2012, 06:34 PM
kcmoedoe   :) The RV Resort Site owner has the express righ...   Sep 29 2012, 06:59 PM
zavsgran   While a review-type website would surely be inapp...   Sep 29 2012, 09:26 PM
campergal   While a review-type website would surely be inapp...   Nov 2 2012, 01:28 PM
kcmoedoe   What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of...   Sep 28 2012, 07:59 PM
Lindsay Richards   When I was in the lodging business, we had a whole...   Sep 29 2012, 08:33 AM
HappiestCamper   I would love to start a website that reviews gue...   Sep 29 2012, 12:47 PM
zavsgran   Free country (at least for now), start a website ...   Sep 29 2012, 01:04 PM
Texasrvers   Let me go back to what kcmoedoe said. If someone ...   Sep 29 2012, 03:07 PM
rgatijnet   What if a guest reviews your park with a bunch of...   Sep 29 2012, 06:48 PM
dalsgal   We have a list of RV'ers that will not be allo...   Sep 30 2012, 07:23 AM
GandJ   I would love to start a website that reviews gue...   Sep 30 2012, 02:54 PM
kcmoedoe   A good example of why some parks would want a data...   Sep 30 2012, 08:07 PM
rbrumfield   A good example of why some parks would want a dat...   Oct 1 2012, 03:38 PM
ClaireOKC   I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively ...   Oct 16 2012, 06:43 AM
RLM   I'm a newbie here and rely almost exclusively...   Oct 16 2012, 01:28 PM
puddleduck   The original post on this thread was written by a ...   Oct 20 2012, 11:17 AM
Dutch_12078   We stayed at one park that prominently includes on...   Oct 20 2012, 12:15 PM
tbax46   Like most have said: read other reviews . I als...   Nov 27 2012, 04:19 PM
dodge guy   This is why I think adding a pic or 2 to a review ...   Jan 27 2013, 07:36 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com