RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Slides Or No Slides, Is It A Deal Breaker?, What is your preference?
Fitzjohnfan
post Oct 1 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41655

After one of the readers asked about motor homes without slides, A popular motor home magazine posted a question to their readers: When you purchased your current coach and when you purchase your next coach, what is your preference to have slide outs or not? The magazine did a good job of posting replies from both sides and it looked like a 50/50 split, but the letters posted might have been carefully selected to show both sides evenly.

It's understood that slides are great for adding room and livability to the RV, but they can have mechanical problems and add weight and cost to the RV.

So how do you feel?

My opinion is that my next coach would not have any slide outs. I can set up very quickly without setting out levelers or supports, and I don't have to worry about the slide(s) not retracting or leaking. I had a pop-up trailer in between my two motor homes, and I loved the portability of the unit, but I hated the setup time and vowed to keep set-up as simple as possible with my next unit. Also, all my cabinets and features are available all the time without having to extend any slide.

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
vincee
post Oct 2 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

DW and I just upgraded our one slide 32ft Moho to a three slide 34.6 Moho in August. Can't believe the difference in room both in the living area but also the kitchen. Will really get a good sense of the change after our Nashville trip in two days through Columbus Day week with step son and his girlfriend.
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Oct 2 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

Our TT is only 7 1/2' wide so that slide in the main area makes it ALOT more comfortable. Wish it had a slide in the bedroom. Next time......

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com