RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First Timer Winterizing
pkd31780
post Oct 2 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74541

One more trip before we close down our Class C for the winter. We have read a lot of information on "how to" and tips from charcoal to absorb moisture, drier sheets in drawers, moth balls, etc.

Looking for additional info from "seasoned" RVers like yourselves smile.gif

- We assume we have to drain everything in holding tanks (fresh water, grey & black water) and are aware of the antifreeze addition.

- Keep refrigerator doors open

- Remove ALL food ... what about dishes, sheets/blankets, etc.?

- disconnect house battery?

- anything we need to do to generator?

- amount of fuel to keep in tank? We were advised to run generator once a month for 30 min. and drive vehicle a little to prevent "flat" spots on tires

- propane in tank?

Anything else? Thank you for your help

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DXSMac
post Oct 2 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

Gas Tank: This is what I heard. Fill it up or make sure it's close to full. Something about condensation if it's not full? This is what I heard. If this is wrong, let me know.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
dog bone
post Oct 3 2012, 08:49 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Oct 2 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Gas Tank: This is what I heard. Fill it up or make sure it's close to full. Something about condensation if it's not full? This is what I heard. If this is wrong, let me know.

I've heard the same. Less room for moisture. A little Stable won't hurt.

Gen. I would do like I do with my boat motor. Get the gennie running and shoot some winterizer down the carb. Turn off the fuel and let it run the fuel out. Pull the plugs and squirt some Marvel Mystery Oil in. Crank it over a few times. I have a portable one. I do this every winter. I also run it out a gas when I'm not going to be using it for awhile. Gas goes bad in the smaller carbs quickly.
Water lines: I blow mine out and then pump the pink stuff through. I put some in the HWH before I turn the bypass valve. Don't forget the outside shower. Pink stuff everywhere.
Holding tanks: Drain and flush. I don't leave my tanks dry. I put windshield washer fluid in them. A gallon in each. Pink stuff in the fresh tank.
Battery: A charged battery won't freeze. If you have a disconnect switch turn it to off. There is always something running in the rig that will wear down the battery. I take mine home and keep it taken care of.
I hope its a short winter. I'm another that can't go south. Maybe one day.

--------------------
Bob and Deb Allwood
Diesel, the black lab
2003 ford f 350 6.0 crew cab
2003 cedar creek 30' rlbs
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com