RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pet Owners & Rv Park Reviews.
Full-Timer RV'er
post Oct 8 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75047

I am kind of curious. One of my reviews was not posted / allowed because we had not actually stayed at the park. The reason we had not stayed at the park was because of our pets and the owners' views on them.

We have a pair of large (service animal) dogs, Labrador cross. We made reservations at this park. When we arrived the owner met us at our motorhome and asked to see the dogs prior to allowing us in the park. Now this is a "membership" park, and according to their advertising they are a pet friendly park, no breed restrictions.

Long story short she determined one of our dogs was an aggressive breed animal, demanded to see our service animal paperwork (which is against ADA), and then rudely told us it would be $5 per day per dog IF we stayed as that "people with service animals are lazy, and do not clean up after their dogs".

We left. We never made it past the front gate because we knew this was gonna be a hellish stay if we choose to bend to her will.

Now when I submitted this review, it was rejected because we hadn't actually stayed at this park; although there are other reviews of this parks from people who had experienced similar problems. As a pet owner I WANT to know IF I am going to run into a problem BEFORE I arrive or make reservations. Am I the only one? ? ? Just a little curious...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GandJ
post Oct 8 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

That comment about disabled people being lazy is just....sad. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Just curious though, how did you get ADA docs for two dogs?

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post
Full-Timer RV'er
post Oct 8 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 75047

QUOTE(GandJ @ Oct 8 2012, 02:18 PM) *

Just curious though, how did you get ADA docs for two dogs?

First let me clarify, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) does NOT "give" you paperwork. It is merely the government legislation that allows prescribed animals exception from the "pet" policies and stipulations many places have. As for what is required and not required, any computer literate person can find it online, also any lawyer can provide a person a copy of it.

My hubby and I each have different medical conditions requiring different training for the animals. As such after receiving prescriptions from our doctors, we visited our local human society to pick out our animals. As my hubby is a Disabled Vet, the VA trained his animal for free. Mine on the other hand was trained through a mental health program. Both animals are required for our daily life.

Thus we carry both their original prescriptions and their Companion Animal registration with us. However ADA makes it very very clear this is not required and against said law for someone to ask for it.

I hope that helps....
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Full-Timer RV'er   Pet Owners & Rv Park Reviews.   Oct 8 2012, 12:03 PM
Texasrvers   I realize your post is asking about if you will ha...   Oct 8 2012, 01:05 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   I realize your post is asking about if you will h...   Oct 8 2012, 02:35 PM
GandJ   That comment about disabled people being lazy is j...   Oct 8 2012, 01:18 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   Just curious though, how did you get ADA docs for...   Oct 8 2012, 02:27 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   Copied and pasted from this park's reviews... ...   Oct 8 2012, 03:09 PM
Texasrvers   OK, you have tried to make your point again, so I ...   Oct 8 2012, 03:40 PM
kcmoedoe   You cannot be denied access anywhere except areas ...   Oct 8 2012, 03:57 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   You cannot be denied access anywhere except areas...   Oct 8 2012, 04:16 PM
kcmoedoe   Where shall I begin - "therapy dogs do not ...   Oct 8 2012, 05:17 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   You need to brush up on your ADA compliance. Fo...   Oct 8 2012, 05:26 PM
GandJ   And IF this park didn't already have one revi...   Oct 8 2012, 07:39 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   If you had already read bad reviews of the place,...   Oct 8 2012, 10:17 PM
GandJ   Your friend's girlfriend would need to be eva...   Oct 9 2012, 11:50 AM
Full-Timer RV'er   Just between us, I thought he was kind of a jerk ...   Oct 9 2012, 12:32 PM
kcmoedoe   I guess then the ADA information we were given by...   Oct 8 2012, 09:30 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   If what you posted was what you were told by the ...   Oct 8 2012, 10:32 PM
kcmoedoe   From your posted link Service animals are defin...   Oct 9 2012, 10:28 AM
Full-Timer RV'er   There is some misunderstanding regarding terms. I...   Oct 9 2012, 10:44 AM
kcmoedoe   You seemed to have missed the point completely ab...   Oct 9 2012, 02:35 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   Still don't know what being a "newbie...   Oct 9 2012, 03:03 PM
kcmoedoe   FYI - When asked how many "pets" - We d...   Oct 9 2012, 08:20 PM
Full-Timer RV'er   When it is not obvious what service an animal prov...   Oct 8 2012, 10:53 PM
Texasrvers   Ok guys, this is enough. We don't care who st...   Oct 9 2012, 08:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com