Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pet Peeves For Cg Owner/managers
dalsgal
post Oct 16 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

We have a great thread going about pet peeves as campers so I think maybe one from owner/managers might be a good thing. I know I see things differently since I started managing campgrounds compared to when I was just camping. We always cleaned up our sites and tried to follow the rules but I'm sure we did things that irked the managers.

One of my big ones is people that bend the rules. "My dog won't run away if not on a leash" kind of thing, another is "I only took a couple of puffs on my cigarette in the no smoking bathroom".

I know that if I go back to just camping I will make more of an effort to see things from the CG's perspective.

Any other owner/managers want to add something?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
fpullanosr
post Oct 16 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42329

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Oct 16 2012, 02:44 PM) *

We have a great thread going about pet peeves as campers so I think maybe one from owner/managers might be a good thing. I know I see things differently since I started managing campgrounds compared to when I was just camping. We always cleaned up our sites and tried to follow the rules but I'm sure we did things that irked the managers.

One of my big ones is people that bend the rules. "My dog won't run away if not on a leash" kind of thing, another is "I only took a couple of puffs on my cigarette in the no smoking bathroom".

I know that if I go back to just camping I will make more of an effort to see things from the CG's perspective.

Any other owner/managers want to add something?

Our pet pieve is rumor spreading by guests telling others that management is changing rules or policies when management had never considered these matters. The other is when rules violaters are caught and defend by saying that they saw another guest do the same and no one complained.
+Quote Post
campergal
post Nov 4 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16795

QUOTE(fpullanosr @ Oct 16 2012, 10:01 PM) *

Our pet pieve is rumor spreading by guests telling others that management is changing rules or policies when management had never considered these matters. The other is when rules violaters are caught and defend by saying that they saw another guest do the same and no one complained.

We often find out what "we" are up to by listening to the campers, this year the big one was we were installing pay showers....I laughed when I found this one out
+Quote Post
fpullanosr
post Nov 4 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42329

QUOTE(campergal @ Nov 4 2012, 09:42 AM) *

We often find out what "we" are up to by listening to the campers, this year the big one was we were installing pay showers....I laughed when I found this one out

How do you handle rumor spreading?
+Quote Post
campergal
post Nov 9 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16795

QUOTE(fpullanosr @ Nov 4 2012, 08:21 AM) *

How do you handle rumor spreading?

We approach it head on - to this one we simply made sure to tell the seasonals, and overnight campers, that NO we were not installing pay showers and re-iterated .... again .... if you have a question, ask us in the office, don't come up with the solution around the campfire ... usually those answers are incorrect.

Every meeting we have and every letter we send out we end it with telling campers if they have questions or concerns please approach us.

+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Nov 10 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(campergal @ Nov 9 2012, 02:41 PM) *

if you have a question, ask us in the office, don't come up with the solution around the campfire ... usually those answers are incorrect.

biggrin.gif Your taking half the fun away... Talk around the campfire about the campground? isn't that human nature...what else are people going to talk about!! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I understand how false information could hurt the hard work that many campground owners/employees put in to their business.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to move my fire pit.. and I have been to many above average campgrounds where I never find the fire pits lined up neatly on the sites. The number one reason I have to move my fire pit is because I'll be smoking out my camping neighbor from a combination of his site being to small and his RV being over sized. A lot of campgrounds sell green fire wood, that doesn't help the situation either....Safety have been the other reasons also.

Mike
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com