RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electric Bill/ Over Billing
txladyrver
post Nov 8 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75733

looking for as much info any one has on parks billing on electric. the Number 1 thing i have found is the park can NOT make a profit. and can not bill for common areas. and can not charge more per kwh than they are billed. but i can not pin point what othre charges can be added.

The Reason I am looking in to this. I was in a park in Texas. As a long time renter. And had concerns over the pass year about the electric bills. Moved to a new park and electric bill drop by over half. Of what I was paying. I did some researching got some info from the Texas PUC. And was able to look at the parks bills and found
That one mouth my bill was $105. And for the hole park was on $598. And the park had over 12 renters. That would make the park making large PROFIT. Per the Texas PUC they can not do.

just to update, the new Park we are in I have checked the KWH and have found that in the same amount of time, We have used Less KWH than in the old park, which would only leave me to believe the old parks meters are reading more KWH, the old park was charging 0.1532 per KW the new park is charging 0.0810. That is a big difference. And I have called the other parks in the area and have found that none of the parks are charging that kind of rate as the old park. Now when I looked at the old parks bill I found the rate the electric company was charging was only o.o7 per KW that is big difference, the old park would no tell me how they got the rate they are charging. I will follow this as fare as I can to get the truth. From all that I have found so fare I believe they are doing something illegal. I will keep posting up dates as to what I find. And how I found it .from every thing I have found so fare, the only way for them to charge extra is to charge higher lot fees,

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dalsgal
post Nov 8 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

In Texas the CG's can charge you more than what they are paying. There are different electric companies and they each have different rates. We have the right where we are to charge about 4% over what we pay. We also have the right to add a slight bit to cover the cost of updating the power pedestals. We do not overcharge anyone and would not. The CG spoken of the the poster here was, I'm sure, going out to their way to charge too much.

We did have one man complain about the rates but he was leaving his A/C set on about 65 even if he was away or at work. He also would leave his TV on even when he wasn't there so his electric charge was due to his carelessness.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com