RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bad Campground Employee Experience, How do I rate the campground?
thetravelkids
post Dec 7 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41962

My wife and I recently stayed at a fairly high rated campground. The last three ratings were 9-8-5. While the campground facilities were OK, we experienced an abusive and argumentative campground employee.
The question I’m asking, if I decide to rate this campground, do I just rate the facilities or do I include the bad experience with the employee as part of the rating?
I did contact the campground owner and received an apology and a promise that “it would not happen again.” I would not stay at this campground again because of the experience we had with the employee.
So, how do I rate this campground? It is an average campground as far as I’m concerned…grass sites, adequate 30 AMP service. Since we were only staying the night, we didn’t even bother to hook up water.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JCZ
post Dec 13 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 76163

Everybody has a bad day from time to time. In the hotel, motel and apartment industry we train employees how to deal with that (at least the larger, professional managment companies do). Leave it at the door or at the gate.

I've also ran across my share in my travels and journeys over the years (hotels and motels until recently.....now it's the RV parks and campgrounds). I try to not take it personal and tell myself that "they" are having a bad day and I got in the line of fire. However, I will also always talk to a Manager or owner. I try to relate the facts, keeping my personal opinions out of it, tell them how it made me feel as the customer and consumer and may even go so far as to ask for some form of compensation on the current stay or a future stay. I then thank them for taking the time out of their day to hear what I have to say and for their consideration.

While I haven't always been successful in getting the compensation that I felt would have been fair, I can tell you that I have been more successful than not.

If it's corporate owned (like a hotel or motel chain) you may need to take it above the on site owner or manager and call that chains customer service number to get heard. I would assum it would be the same for any of the larger corporate owned RV parks.

Let me share a situation that happened just last weekend. After I'd disconnected and hooked up our 5th wheel, as we were creeping out of the RV park, my 3 yr. old grandson said "grandma, bathroom". We stopped at the gate and my wife took him in to the office and asked the lady if she could take him in the office restroom. She said "no, I'm sorry, it's for office use only......the closest restroom is across the field there at the fairgrounds but you'll need a key and that requires a deposit". I didn't post it in my review......simply because we were asking for a special favor that's not extended to other guests. Did I think the lady could have shown some discreation and made a judgement call and let her take him in there? Sure.....but everybody doesn't show the same level of discreation or judgement. So, I didn't let it reflect on my review of that RV park.

Several situations were mentioned above and not sure what the circumstances were however, nobody deserves to be talked to rudely or disrespectfully.......that wasn't our situation. Had that happened, I'd do as suggested......rate the park itself as fairly as I could and then add a paragraph about my personal experience with a staff member that was rude or disrespectuful and the action I took, who I talked with and their response.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com