Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hat Pins
Texasrvers
post Jan 4 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

For a number of years we have been collecting hat pins (or lapel pins) as souvenirs of the places we’ve been. Now we would like to find a nice way to display them. We have about 200. Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
edcornflake
post Jan 9 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42869

When we go to Disney, my wife gets a pin from each place we visit and puts them in a shadowbox frame surrounding a picture from the trip. With 200 pins, that's alot of pictures, even if you got 20 pins around an 8x10, that's 20 pics. IF you have alot of wallspace (a bar area in the basement, or a stairway with lots of open wallspace) you could have quite the nice momento walk.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jan 9 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(edcornflake @ Jan 9 2013, 12:35 PM) *

When we go to Disney, my wife gets a pin from each place we visit and puts them in a shadowbox frame surrounding a picture from the trip. With 200 pins, that's alot of pictures, even if you got 20 pins around an 8x10, that's 20 pics. IF you have alot of wallspace (a bar area in the basement, or a stairway with lots of open wallspace) you could have quite the nice momento walk.

Edcornflake, actually a stairway was the exact place I had in mind. I really like the idea of adding a picture or two, but not one for each pin; I don't think I even have one for each pin. And maybe the pins could be organized by trip (I have been thinking about by state/city). That would still be a lot of shadow boxes, but you have given me a great idea to work with. Thanks.

rkw99, thanks for your suggestion, also. It would be very logical to use hats since these are hat pins, but I think some kind of framed display is more the direction I want to go.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com