Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Send A Photo Of My Rig?
Luvtheroad
post Jan 28 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45805

Has any RV park asked you to send a picture of your rig before they would accept a reservation? We just inquired into a reservation for a month at a KOA in Virginia in September and they want us to send a picture first. Our fifth wheel is a 2009 and we stayed at that KOA last September for two weeks. No explanation given for the request, even after being told it was a 2009 model. We've stayed in over 60 RV parks now, but this is a first. It didn't appear last year that the KOA had particularly high standards at that time....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
joez
post Mar 8 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19489

I can understand not wanting old wrecks that may be a problem but this "We are better than you" attitude really annoys me.

Why assume this is the reason for a photo request. The original poster said they were trying to make a reservation for a month. In many states, once a rental is made for a month or more, evicting becomes a very difficult process, so vetting becomes extremely important. While an older, worn out vehicle may not be an indication that the owners are "lesser", it may be an indication that they are living on a financial edge that could make collecting rent problematic.

DW and I own rental houses, both short term rentals and long term. One of the things we look at when interviewing prospective renters is the condition of their vehicle. Older (or newer), poorly maintained, dirty vehicles full of trash do not make us feel warm and fuzzy about prospective tenants. Most of the properties are now handled by a management company, but I guarantee you that those few properties I still handle personally are not rented to someone driving "wrecks on wheels". Appearance is not everything. It is, many times though, all we have to base a judgement on.

Could this request for a photo not just be a park's attempt to ensure their business attracts clientele that fits the market they wish to serve, and avoid some kind of confrontation/inspection process when someone shows up to claim the reservation?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com