Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Send A Photo Of My Rig?
jamarynn1
post Jan 28 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45805

Has any RV park asked you to send a picture of your rig before they would accept a reservation? We just inquired into a reservation for a month at a KOA in Virginia in September and they want us to send a picture first. Our fifth wheel is a 2009 and we stayed at that KOA last September for two weeks. No explanation given for the request, even after being told it was a 2009 model. We've stayed in over 60 RV parks now, but this is a first. It didn't appear last year that the KOA had particularly high standards at that time....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lindsay Richards
post Feb 27 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

KOA recently divided up their parks into three categories, resort, something else, and overnight. They are priced accordingly. This one is probably the resort type. Sounds a little snooty to me. I would send them a photo of a 1959 Winny and go elsewhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Feb 28 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Feb 27 2013, 03:13 PM) *

KOA recently divided up their parks into three categories, resort, something else, and overnight. They are priced accordingly. This one is probably the resort type. Sounds a little snooty to me. I would send them a photo of a 1959 Winny and go elsewhere.

I'd say this one falls somewhere between "resort" and "something else", leaning toward the "something else". Normally, I don't have a great love for KOA's but He Who Drives the Tow Vehicle likes KOA's, so we frequently stay at one. Unless this place has spiffed up a lot since September and has kicked out the much older rv's we saw that looked like they were there on a permanent basis, I can't understand their being persnickety about how old our rig is. Anyway, the question has been rendered moot, as our plans have changed and we won't be staying there anyway.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com