RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rv Park Near Los Angeles, Needed an RV park near LA
John WD Smith
post Feb 13 2013, 01:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66825

I would like some recommendations on good RV sites near LA. Any help would be appreciated.
John.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jerry S
post Feb 15 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

John WD Smith,

As with most requests of this nature, it would help those who may want to advise you if you would give a little more information on what you want. Asking for suggestions on a "nice" RV park doesn't cut it. Do you want a private or public park, full hook ups, cable TV, WIFI at your site, family and/or pet friendly, shade, a pool, and on and on? Are we talking just overnight or and extended stay? There is no sense in somebody recommending a park that doesn't meet your needs/wants.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Feb 15 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 15 2013, 01:34 AM) *

John WD Smith,

As with most requests of this nature, it would help those who may want to advise you if you would give a little more information on what you want. Asking for suggestions on a "nice" RV park doesn't cut it. Do you want a private or public park, full hook ups, cable TV, WIFI at your site, family and/or pet friendly, shade, a pool, and on and on? Are we talking just overnight or and extended stay? There is no sense in somebody recommending a park that doesn't meet your needs/wants.

John, I can answer for our family that we would like to see the beach since we are land-locked Coloradans. We will visit Knotts berry farm and universial studios, and will visit the CBS studios for a taping of a show. We will probably be in the area for 3-4 days.
I was also wondering about public transportation since we don't travel with a towed, we would have to unhook to travel to the destinations listed
My boys are 12 and 16 so they wouldn't need a playground, but a pool woul be nice
What is the water temp of the ocean in late march? Too cold to swim in?

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
aRVowl
post Feb 25 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 77102

Remember that LA is a Really BIG-SPREAD OUT city, with a crushing auto transportation freeway use!!! That said it's a great city that shouldn't be missed, ya just got to plan. Work on staying close to your venues, yes there's public trans, but to go 30 miles in a bus that stops every other block will take some time. Metro/light rail works but usually must be connected with a bus. I transferred from LAX to the Long Beach Air Port once and even making what I thought was good time, it took an hour and 1/2. LA is also expensive ( except for farmers markets, ethnic foods, and wines!!...but you have to know where to go!!) The Huntington Breach RV park is a winner for the beach ( Be sure to have reservations ) but the water wont be warm till summer ( CA is where the wet suit was invented). Dont have any first hand RV park experience ( always flew in ) but am an LA aficionado. With RV parks @ $60 per night, one could consider hotels in the Anaheim area, mid-week in a hotel (Sun to Fri), beach on the weekends ( use priceline...start at 3 stars and work up in stars as you increase your bids ) Did notice that "TripAdvisor"does list RV parks in Anaheim under "Specialty Lodging". One can find anything in LA..just got to research and Drive!!! Have a great trip!!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com