RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need Lession On Campground Memberships/plans,+/-s,options Ect?
aRVowl
post Feb 24 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 77102

With the abundance of campground membership plans & options available, Some one/some where should of written a primer on how to choose the best campground plan for an individual's needs. And explained the pit falls/traps that await the unwary!! Can anyone point me to an unbiased resource that gets me smart on this aspect of RVing. Thks Happy Trails!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
kcmoedoe
post Feb 24 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21445

The reason those membership programs and parks exist is because they return more money to plan's ownership and management than they cost. You really need to use the parks in the system almost to their maximum allowable nights for the plan to be beneficial to you. If you use them extensively and exclusively, you will save money. If you are like most people and eventually drift away from them in exchange for the freedom to choose parks and areas where the membership plan does not have sites available, you will quickly move from saving money to spending money. I don't think it is an exaggeration in saying that many of the membership parks are tending downward, not getting better. The membership parks are exactly the same as time share condominiums in many regards. That brand new condo will eventually be a 30 year old dated building and you will still be paying the same rates (or more likely, higher) annual fees and daily rental amounts. And be aware those membership contracts do not guarantee any park will remain in the system, no matter how much you like it. Personally, unless you are a full-timer looking to take fulll advantage of the membership in the near future, they are a bad idea.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com