RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need Lession On Campground Memberships/plans,+/-s,options Ect?
aRVowl
post Feb 24 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 77102

With the abundance of campground membership plans & options available, Some one/some where should of written a primer on how to choose the best campground plan for an individual's needs. And explained the pit falls/traps that await the unwary!! Can anyone point me to an unbiased resource that gets me smart on this aspect of RVing. Thks Happy Trails!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
FosterImposters
post Feb 27 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17719

Welcome to the forum aRVowl!
When we purchased our current RV, with the intent to full time for a bit, I was nervous about places to park for downtimes.
We had only been weekend campers (for decades) up to this point.
While traveling and camping without the job and house to rush back too, was going to be a fabulous adventure, I knew there would be times we just wanted to chill out and enjoy an area for a season.
So...I logically thought a "MemberShip" would be a potential answer. I was fearful of finding ourselves parked at WalMarts, due to overcrowding at nice places.

NOT!!!

Do what we did. Take a couple "trial camping" trips to a couple of the Membership parks you are researching. (We did RPI, Thousand Trails, and Coast to Coast.)
I am SO thankful we did our research. Really dodged a bullet!
All the marketing brochures and sweet sales talks, could not possibly cover the sad state of affairs for those Memberships.

(Now I am not talking about Good Sam, Triple A, or Passport America. There is a Big difference.)

You do not need to plop down $3000, $5000, $10,000 to guarantee a place to play or rest for the winter, summer, or whatever!

And, there is NO RUSH. Ask for references, talk to others who are ACTUALLY camping. (Not just the sales team.)

Sorry for the mini rant. You cannot tell I get worked up over this, can you. laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com