Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Control Over The Advertising?, HUH?
DXSMac
post Mar 4 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

I don't know if the Webmaster has control over the ads that come on here. I was a bit upset to see "sexy Arab Girls."

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post Mar 4 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

A while back John Blue told me a few things about the ads that are on the site. First, WM does not have complete control over the ads that are shown, and second, we members do not all get the same ads. What you personally search for sometimes has a bearing on what ads are shown. Now before you get upset, I am NOT suggesting that you searched for “sexy Arab girls.” But something else you searched for might have caused this ad to appear for you. I’m not completely sure how that works, but you may have been on a website (possibly even that feng shui site you mentioned in another post) that somehow is linked to another site that is linked to yet another site that eventually leads to the “girls” site which captures your user information, and then it sends you the ad when you are online. Many times when I search for products, an ad for that item shows up on this website, and yes, I get the “girls” ads also—except mine are usually Russian. I voiced my concern to John, and he let WM know, but as I said he does not have full control over what is shown. You might try tightening the security controls on your computer and see if that helps.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com