RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mountain Passes On The Way Back To Bc, Recommendations on mountain passes going back to BC
John WD Smith
post Apr 3 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66825

We are driving to BC on highway 84 or 15. Which mountain pass is the best one to use in mid April ?
Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BC Wanderer
post Apr 4 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16768

QUOTE(John WD Smith @ Apr 3 2013, 06:28 PM) *

We are driving to BC on highway 84 or 15. Which mountain pass is the best one to use in mid April ?
Thanks.

I 15 will not bring you to B.C. It will take you to Lethbridge and on to Calgary in Alberta. If this is the route you are contemplating, then you could encounter a late winter storm. You would also have to head west from Calgary on Highway 1 also known as the Trans-Canada and again, the possibility of some wintery weather exists. The same possibility exists on I 84 that will take you to Portland and then you would take I 5 north to Vancouver in B.C.

My suggestion is to use the I 84 / I 5 option mostly because you will be travelling in the US where fuel is a lot less expensive than in Canada. I am guessing that the chance of winter getting in you way would be less as you would be heading across high country farther south.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Darrell
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com