RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grilling Food In Banff/jasper Allowed Or Even Possible?
paragon
post Apr 29 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 78258

My family and I have stayed in many state- and national parks in the USA but this summer we are going to Canada.

I can see various places where I need a fire permit to have a fire, but is that required to grill my dinner as well on a barbeque-grill? Also I can't seem to figure out whether or not there are [b]even firepits/grills in any of the campgrounds in Banff or Jasper! Are there grills in the campsites (and if so, which?). So many US state parks have the grill right on the RV site which we think is awesome. We are coming in a rented RV in early June.

I'm sorry if I'm being daft and hope someone can help me out so I can plan our trip in the best possible way. :-)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Hutch333id
post Apr 30 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36856

Hi,

The fire permits are just for having real fires. Grilling is allowed on barbecues without any form of permit.

Do please remember that gas is much more expensive than in the US and is also sold in liters. Also, our speeds are metric and the RCMP and Alberta Sheriffs aren't very forgiving. If you see a Dodge Caravan or Ford F150 parked on the shoulder lane, beware, it could be a photo radar speed trap.

Hope you have a great time. We're going the opposite way to you and heading down to Yellowstone for a couple of weeks in late June early July.

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 26 nights camping and 3120 km ......so far
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com