Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Common Sense For Rv Drivers
B. Kidd
post May 8 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55883

According to my friend Steve-O whom I've known for years and is a long-distance truck driver, two major things make him and many other professional drivers nervous about following an RV.

1) RV drivers not securing their dinghy properly.

2) Driving too fast in gusty wind conditions, especially 5th wheels, and especially out west here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Florida Native
post May 8 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

I actually had a breakaway once after about 60 miles from the campground. 1 clevis pin came out due my stupidly putting it in incorrectly. Instead of being pulled by two arms, I had only one and my toad moved over toward the center line and I immediately started to slow down easily. MY breakaway braking system kicked in so the toad did not hit me. There was no danger to any other vehicle even if I hadn't been on a lightly traveled road in the Everglades. I agree about the high winds and have seen some really stupid people out there. Some RVers are bad drivers and some truck drivers are bad also. The truckers I have talked to get mad at RVers for making them get out of the governor. Many are set up with a max speed lower than the speed limit for fuel economy. If they governor is set for 63 for example and they come up on an RV doing 61 or 62, they have to let up a little and then reset after working their way past which can take a long time with only a 1 or 2 mph differential. `

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com