RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Camping In Quebec City/montreal, Language problems in Canada
Ted Morgen
post May 21 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21292

I would appreciate hearing from people who have recently traveled to Canada. I've heard so much about Quebec City that I wanted to camp there in our travel trailer and see the city, however when I looked up the only campground in the city there was a comment that we should not go if we are English speaking only. One needs to speak French. I did not see any warnings about Montreal. Advice on this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ted Morgen in Palm Bay, Florida
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post May 21 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I can’t speak to the specific campground, but when we were in Quebec we had no trouble with the language difference. (We did not go to Montreal.) Most businesses (especially those in the tourist areas) have employees that speak English, although they will probably greet you in French. Then many said, “Francais ou Englais?” The tours we took had English speaking guides, but you had to be sure that the tour you chose would be in English. We never felt any animosity from the locals because we did not speak French, but we did try to learn a few phrases and did the best we could. Just the fact that we tried to speak French seemed to go a long way. If nothing else it provided them with some amusing entertainment. Sorry I could not help with the campground. Hope someone else has your answers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com