RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rv Resort Owner, What customers want???
sjsaxt
post May 30 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 17608

First I want to say that I have not logged in for a couple of years. I made this suggestion about having a place for owners to come to and receive help but after checking a couple of time i gave up.
Today I was searching for help and found this forum.

Heres my question
I own an RV Resort 18 sites in a location 30 mile from a walmart size town.
Today a visiting rv guest want thing to do but also wanted a place away from the big city.
What can be offered to RVers that want to get away from the large 100 site rv resort an come to a small quiet very clean resort in a small town. All we have right here is a fishing town near the Gulf lots of nature. Also all of our coast are protected.
It is hard to please everyone but what should we do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Hutch333id
post Oct 21 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36856

I have never seen a RV resort or campground offer covered sites and I don't think the are particularly necessary. 99% of RVers are happy to expose their rig to the elements unless you suffer from frequent hail storms in your area. They would also have to be very sturdy to withstand any wind that could possibly make them very noisy due to flexing.

I know when I'm vacationing in my unit I like a level, solid base that is wide enough and long enough to park on, with good drainage so it doesn't flood after every shower. The site needs to be wide enough for rigs with awning and the super slides that, when deployed, aren't right up against the neighbors. The electric, water and sewer to be in a sensible place. Two sewer drops are helpful for this. The electric to be a stable voltage and the water to be a good pressure with no after taste. Cable tv is a nice to have but not essential unlike wifi which is a must have but I also understand the difficulties of people streaming movies, etc. and hogging the bandwidth.

Clean, preferably private washrooms and showers but again I understand that not all campers leave the facilities as they would like to find them? A good, clean laundry is always nice to have as are facilities such as a patio area at each site and perhaps a barbecue. I have been at several resorts and campgrounds where these are provided at the site and I don't mind paying for that.

If it is to be a pet friendly location (I don't have pets) then dog walking areas and enforcement of the rules around that. Same for children friendly locations (again I don't have young kids) but some parental guidance about where it is safe for their children to play and ride their bikes. If you have a pool, great! But allow the adult to have to time there without hoards of screaming kids jumping, diving and bombing everyone else.

Occasional socials are nice (breakfasts, barbecues, 4th of July) and I wouldn't expect them to be free. Something I do like is curbside trash collection but I am also capable of taking this to a well screened dumpster.

Photographs of the campground or resort on your web page help me decide and if there are photos of each site with a map then I can perhaps select which part of the resort suits my needs best (I don't need to be near playgrounds, dog walks, etc)

Above all, friendly, welcoming and locally knowledgable staff. biggrin.gif

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 26 nights camping and 3120 km ......so far
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
sjsaxt   Rv Resort Owner   May 30 2013, 04:50 PM
DXSMac   I'm staying overnight at an RV park in a small...   May 31 2013, 06:09 PM
mdcamping   I would think most peoples expectations for an 18 ...   Jun 1 2013, 08:57 AM
docj   As full-timers we really aren't expecting you ...   Jun 1 2013, 10:52 AM
QueenofQuitealot   So we're talking a small park sort of out in t...   Jun 2 2013, 01:17 PM
pianotuna   Hi, Squeaky clean bathrooms with lots of hot wate...   Jun 2 2013, 03:46 PM
FosterImposters   Exceptionally wide, level sites. Grass to set my ...   Jun 3 2013, 05:51 PM
HappiestCamper   Today a visiting rv guest want thing to do but al...   Jun 4 2013, 07:07 AM
Lindsay Richards   The truth is important to us. No surprises. If you...   Jun 4 2013, 02:20 PM
jamarynn1   If you (and this is the generic "you") t...   Jun 4 2013, 03:00 PM
Jerry S.   sjsaxt, On the subject of "honesty", wh...   Jun 4 2013, 10:19 PM
sammytoo1950   sjsaxt, On the subject of "honesty", w...   Jun 6 2013, 07:36 AM
Lindsay Richards   Why would somebody get so worked up over others be...   Jun 6 2013, 07:55 AM
Texasrvers   And why would someone get worked up that somebody ...   Jun 6 2013, 10:46 AM
mdcamping   :D :lol: :D   Jun 6 2013, 03:46 PM
Jerry S.   All I was trying to do was let the original poster...   Jun 6 2013, 09:40 PM
docj   All I was trying to do was let the original poste...   Jun 7 2013, 09:59 AM
Lindsay Richards   It isn't only just on this site.   Jun 7 2013, 06:38 AM
Texasrvers   Jerry makes a good point. Who doesn’t want an hon...   Jun 7 2013, 10:51 AM
docj   I would bet there is a market for Plain Jane RV pa...   Jun 7 2013, 07:31 PM
Texasrvers   Wow, you may really be on to something here.   Jun 7 2013, 08:29 PM
QueenofQuitealot   My 2 cents as far as what I consider a campground,...   Jun 7 2013, 09:58 PM
John S.   You do not need to add anything. That is the type ...   Jul 13 2013, 07:47 AM
KFS   Clean, clean and clean. Neat and tidy. Less is m...   Aug 1 2013, 09:13 AM
jamarynn1   If you have seasonals try to keep them separate f...   Aug 1 2013, 09:27 AM
OldSoldier   For me, I guess from a small park, I'd like SE...   Aug 2 2013, 10:46 AM
MontanaGypsySoul   I personally prefer those smaller parks. Things I ...   Aug 4 2013, 02:24 AM
SASMITH   Am glad i came across this discussion as we just p...   Oct 20 2013, 09:59 PM
Lindsay Richards   A RV shelter would not be an amenity for me. Not a...   Oct 21 2013, 07:48 AM
mdcamping   Can't see a reason for the transient RVer or c...   Oct 21 2013, 09:30 AM
docj   Any kind of cover that interfered with satellite T...   Oct 21 2013, 09:48 AM
Hutch333id   I have never seen a RV resort or campground offer ...   Oct 21 2013, 08:16 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com