RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rv Resort Owner, What customers want???
docj
post Oct 21 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45503

Any kind of cover that interfered with satellite TV reception would be totally unacceptable.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hutch333id
post Oct 21 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36856

I have never seen a RV resort or campground offer covered sites and I don't think the are particularly necessary. 99% of RVers are happy to expose their rig to the elements unless you suffer from frequent hail storms in your area. They would also have to be very sturdy to withstand any wind that could possibly make them very noisy due to flexing.

I know when I'm vacationing in my unit I like a level, solid base that is wide enough and long enough to park on, with good drainage so it doesn't flood after every shower. The site needs to be wide enough for rigs with awning and the super slides that, when deployed, aren't right up against the neighbors. The electric, water and sewer to be in a sensible place. Two sewer drops are helpful for this. The electric to be a stable voltage and the water to be a good pressure with no after taste. Cable tv is a nice to have but not essential unlike wifi which is a must have but I also understand the difficulties of people streaming movies, etc. and hogging the bandwidth.

Clean, preferably private washrooms and showers but again I understand that not all campers leave the facilities as they would like to find them? A good, clean laundry is always nice to have as are facilities such as a patio area at each site and perhaps a barbecue. I have been at several resorts and campgrounds where these are provided at the site and I don't mind paying for that.

If it is to be a pet friendly location (I don't have pets) then dog walking areas and enforcement of the rules around that. Same for children friendly locations (again I don't have young kids) but some parental guidance about where it is safe for their children to play and ride their bikes. If you have a pool, great! But allow the adult to have to time there without hoards of screaming kids jumping, diving and bombing everyone else.

Occasional socials are nice (breakfasts, barbecues, 4th of July) and I wouldn't expect them to be free. Something I do like is curbside trash collection but I am also capable of taking this to a well screened dumpster.

Photographs of the campground or resort on your web page help me decide and if there are photos of each site with a map then I can perhaps select which part of the resort suits my needs best (I don't need to be near playgrounds, dog walks, etc)

Above all, friendly, welcoming and locally knowledgable staff. biggrin.gif

--------------------
2014 Cedar Creek 38fl
2008 F350 6.4 Diesel Dually
Retired MET Police and proud of it
2013. 28 nights camping and 4350 km
2014. 29 nights camping and 3300 km ......so far
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com