Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exciting changes coming!, All members please read
Tucsonbenz
post Nov 10 2005, 09:55 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4796

Hi guys:

Many campers and owners of larger vehicles LOVE this site; however there is no category for 45' owners or Prevost Bus owners. Those of us who have a vehicle this large are sometimes hampered by smaller, non accessible campgrounds (and that's o.k. too); however where we can fit in we need to know.

How about for a future feature.........you include a category for not just Motorhomes but "Prevost" or "45 Footers"?

I'll wager there are at least a couple thousand folks of large vehicles who frequent your site..............a lot.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Nov 10 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

I think that including information as to whether a 45 footer would fit into a campround site, would be okay but in my opinion, if you include a section for, as you put it, not just motorhomes, but Prevost, it would become very exclusive to a particular group. The majority of us here have just a motorhome or travel trailer and would consider this site to be all inclusive. I don't know if any other rv'ers websites break it down into groups for certain types of coaches, as I don't frequent any other sites, but I do like the way that every category on this one caters to every member. I hope I did not offend you, as I am sure you did not mean to insignuate that owners of much more expensive vehicles should have their own categories - I was just pointing out that the beauty of this site is that we include everyone.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Nov 11 2005, 10:28 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

On the review form, there is a line that says "Big Rig (40' type) access?".
+Quote Post
Rick M
post Dec 12 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 4964

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 27 2004, 08:13 AM)

Hi everybody!
    Just wanted to give everybody an update on some changes that we are making to RV Park Reviews. We are currently working on a more efficient review submitting system that will automate the review process and take less time on our part to post the reviews. We also have plans to add the Canadian Provinces as well to this system and possibly in the future to add "clickable" maps to find campgrounds. As with any software changes that are made there may be a learning curve, but we are hoping that things will go smoothly, so be patient when we finally do implement the changes. We appreciate all your support for RV Park Reviews and are striving to make things even better!  wink.gif

Great Web Site!

One idea which people/campers might be rating CGs on is noise.
Having traffic/trains wake you up in the middle of the night will detract from your mode and health.
Waking up grouchy would give a low rating. laugh.gif

Maybe a rating for noise or restful sleep?

Just an idea.
Rick
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Dec 13 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Maybe a rating for noise or restful sleep?

Just an idea

It's a good one.
+Quote Post
Browzin
post Dec 13 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2501

Sounds like a great IDEA to me...
I know if I want noise, and to be woke up in the middle of the night, I will stay at a Flying J truck stop.
+Quote Post
Paul&Dee
post Jan 9 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 5097

I just joined yesterday. When I try to submit a review, I always wind up back at the login screen. I have registered and show as logged in as a user (Paul&Dee).

Is there another way to get to the campground review form?
+Quote Post
genestoy
post Jan 9 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2973

Paul&Dee,
You have to log in with your correct username and password. If that info is not correct then you will just get returned to the login screen. smile.gif Are you sure that info is correct? Try logging in and out of the forum also.
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Jan 9 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Try enabling cookies too. A lot of sites won't work if they are blocked - not sure if that is the case here or not.
+Quote Post
Mainecoons0
post Jan 15 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1507

Just a comment that this site is fantastic and we never pull out of our driveway without consulting it for every stop along the way. Many thanks to whoever is responsible for it!

Dan & Ann
1998 Country Coach Allure 36'
+Quote Post
VolzMI
post Jan 27 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 5210

Thanks for this site. I registered today because I wondered if it's possible to make a clickable map for each state and it sounds like it's in the works.

We are planning our first trip out of Michigan with our 5th Wheel and are heading for Alabama next week. I found several campgrounds from your site to visit. Now, I'm trying to find possibilities during our trip south. So, since I don't know where most of the cities / towns are, that would have been a big help.

Thanks,
VolzMI
+Quote Post
campinggirl1964
post Jan 31 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2789

To the Webmaster:

I've been finding that some campgrounds no longer allow you to have campfires at your own campsite, however, they don't identify this on their website. I know this is a major part of the camping experience for many people and is helpful information to know ahead of time. If you are still looking at making changes to the reviews, perhaps this could be added as a "yes/no" question!

Thanks for keeping this website up and running - I can't imagine planning my trips without it!
+Quote Post
Phild
post Feb 21 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 2711

Its very seldom these days that you find people or business's that are willing to be service providers and not charge a fee for service rendered. There is a lot of work and I assume expense involved in building and maintaining a site of this calibre and it is very well done, hats off to you MR/Ms Webmaster I for one value this excellent resource.

Phil
+Quote Post
Fourwinds
post Mar 4 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5439

blink.gif This is my first post. And I have yet to pull into the first RV campground, as we have yet to pick up our first RV from a private party.

The inclusion of Canadian camps sounds like an excellent idea. I add my thanks and praise. This appears to be a great site. I look forward to asking a ton of really dumb questions. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
genestoy
post Mar 4 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2973

Fourwinds,
Welcome to the site! The Canadian campgrounds have already been implemented and can be located in the drop down menu beneath the states on the main page. Have fun camping in your new rv smile.gif
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com